And When?....

Guest idahophilly

Carter lifts the cup, let us all be a bit shy, but turn an upper lip into a bit of smile. Gange, Richards, Carter (with 2 goals already), Williams, Hextal, Lombardi, Stevens.................................. Man, I'm really good with this... Hope i didn't jinx things...

• Like 1

Letting the 5 year old stay up to watch the Cup skate. My wife doesn't understand. I wouldn't expect her to.

I watch every year obviously because I'm a hockey fan, but it hurts that it's not us. But one year it will be, and having watched somebody else's unmitigated joy all these years, every year, will make it that much sweeter when it's finally us. The 5 year old gets his first taste tonight

• Like 1

Justin Williams will/is on the Cup as many times as Bobby Clarke.

Very Happy for Simon Gagne, very frustrated it's with the wrong team...

That's exactly what I just told my wife, I'm happy for Gagne but it should have been in orange and black! I got a chance to meet him in 2006 in Philly, class act! I guess Carter gets the Stanley Cup winning goal.

carter

5 goals in the finals ?

being healthy had a lot to do with his playoff production. he was finally not hurt *'cept for his feelings*, in the playoff and he produced about the same way he did in the regular season when he was here. he doesn't have that extra "briere playoff gear", but he didn't fall off either, sucks that our team never saw that production from him. while i'm not happy for the guy, i don't begrudge him this victory.

hopefully one day our guys skate the cup for the second time in 4 years around the the WF center and Couturier wins the conn-smythe and Voras and Giroux tie for most playoff points.

• Like 1

Letting the 5 year old stay up to watch the Cup skate. My wife doesn't understand. I wouldn't expect her to.

I watch every year obviously because I'm a hockey fan, but it hurts that it's not us. But one year it will be, and having watched somebody else's unmitigated joy all these years, every year, will make it that much sweeter when it's finally us. The 5 year old gets his first taste tonight

I stayed up with my almost 7 year old too (to watch our "2nd favorite team") and he was riveted. My 5 YO conked out. We watched these playoffs together while they continued playing and it was a great experience watching them get truly hooked.

I wisely went to bed long before that, so missed it. When he drank the champagne from it later, did he miss his mouth (high and wide)?

Carter seems to have found his range in L.A., especially on that second goal.

Did you see how Richards actually handed the Cup to Carter? They could not have scripted it better themselves.

If you go on the Kings website for the big celebratory pic with the cup Richards is actually looking up at Carter instead of the camera. Those two have a very intense bromance going on. :)