Kings Cup Parade

Guest Spinorama

One of the guys I work with is from Huntington Beach. His kids( they are in their late 20's)were at the parade and said it was out of control! I did not see the Daily News clip but I did see some of the Pics his kids posted and it looked like a pretty big blow out. The Police came through on horses for the crowd control but it did not quell the huge party. I will make the trip to Philly from Florida for the next cup parade in Philly.

Book it.....

wow, was watching a bit of Daily News Live and they showed some clips of the parade... anyone see it?

NOW THAT'S A PARADE!!!!

such a shame (seriously)

Lappy is on and he's kinda explaining the poor turn out.

poor turnout? huh? Looked pretty damn packed to me.

wow, was watching a bit of Daily News Live and they showed some clips of the parade... anyone see it?

NOW THAT'S A PARADE!!!!

such a shame (seriously)

Lappy is on and he's kinda explaining the poor turn out.

Did you hear Quick's Chase Utley moment?

Why does everyone back in Philly always seem to say that LA has lousy fans.

I have lived in SoCal for 25 years now and have gone to Kings games for years.

Newsflash: They have a VERY good fanbase. Kings fans are solid. I am very happy for them. They were awesome at the parade. They showed up, were loud, stayed there for hours . . .and nobody rioted.

I'm sure, and hopefully for the organization you are right. I'm only going by the images Daily News Live decided to show me and the conversation Barkann and Lappy. Lappy had plenty of reasons for the poor turnout but if you thought it was packed then awesome!

Also, assuming they images I saw were accurate and your opinion is in reference to the same thing, then you and I just don't agree on what constitutes a "packed" championship parade.

I'm sure, and hopefully for the organization you are right. I'm only going by the images Daily News Live decided to show me and the conversation Barkann and Lappy. Lappy had plenty of reasons for the poor turnout but if you thought it was packed then awesome!

Also, assuming they images I saw were accurate and your opinion is in reference to the same thing, then you and I just don't agree on what constitutes a "packed" championship parade.

I have no doubt that we would have a way bigger turnout in Philly, but that doesn't minimize the turnout in LA.

I have no doubt that we would have a way bigger turnout in Philly, but that doesn't minimize the turnout in LA.

Again, i wish I could find the images that DNL showed. I saw more people for my highschool's football championship than I did in the footage the decided to roll. I wasn't trying to minimize the LA fans, I just thought I'd have seen a bigger turnout (which by the way, I fully acknowledge it could have been which is why I continuously reference the fact that the only knowledge I have of the turn out is what DNL decided to show me and the conversation between Barkann and Lappy and Lappy making excuse after excuse for the turnout...there's way more to do in LA, it's a different mentality, Hollywood, the beach, blah blah blah).

I felt bad for the team if the turnout was really that poor, I really did. My post wasn't a "hahaha, they have sh!tty fans" post. I'm sorry you took it that way

Again, i wish I could find the images that DNL showed. I saw more people for my highschool's football championship than I did in the footage the decided to roll. I wasn't trying to minimize the LA fans, I just thought I'd have seen a bigger turnout (which by the way, I fully acknowledge it could have been which is why I continuously reference the fact that the only knowledge I have of the turn out is what DNL decided to show me and the conversation between Barkann and Lappy and Lappy making excuse after excuse for the turnout...there's way more to do in LA, it's a different mentality, Hollywood, the beach, blah blah blah).

I felt bad for the team if the turnout was really that poor, I really did. My post wasn't a "hahaha, they have sh!tty fans" post. I'm sorry you took it that way

I wasn't trying to single you out, just the general tone of some in this thread (and even Lappy?). I think Kings fans get a bad rap, that's all.

They showed 4 or 5 hours worth of t coverage out here on Fox Sports West. Figueroa was packed for hours.

Philly would have done much better/bigger, but that would be true of us in comparison with almost every other NHL city.

The Kings fan base does get a bad rap. Even before Gretzky, the Triple Crown Line (Dionne, Simmer and Taylor) packed the house. I have fond memories of those early Kings teams.....big Rogie Vachon fan when I was a kid. Used to like him and Gump Worsley, those two just really intrigued me...and Eddie Giacomin. Think it was because I had all their hockey cards when I was 6...lol.

The Kings fan base does get a bad rap. Even before Gretzky, the Triple Crown Line (Dionne, Simmer and Taylor) packed the house. I have fond memories of those early Kings teams.....big Rogie Vachon fan when I was a kid. Used to like him and Gump Worsley, those two just really intrigued me...and Eddie Giacomin. Think it was because I had all their hockey cards when I was 6...lol.

I have gone to Kings games since around 1996 and that place has nearly always been sold out & loud.

And they do not need the jumbo-tron to tell them when to cheer.

Why does everyone back in Philly always seem to say that LA has lousy fans.

Well, when I think of LA, two things immediately come to mind. One, Dodger fans showing up in the second inning and leaving after the seventh. Two, a bunch of Hollywood phonies and a really great Tool song:

http://www.azlyrics..../tool/nema.html ;)