VAN RIEMSDYK DOES NOT REQUIRE HIP SURGERY

Guest OzFlyer

Philadelphia Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk does not require hip surgery and is expected to make a full recovery in time for training camp in the fall. Last season, van Riemsdyk was limited to 43 games due to a number of injuries, scoring 11 goals and adding 13 assists for 24 points.

He missed games due to a groin injury, a concussion and foot surgery. He returned to play seven games in the playoffs, contributing two points before the Flyers bowed out in the second round.

The New Jersey native was drafted second overall by the Flyers in 2007. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398418

3...2...1..Let the trade rumours start now!

Ok so he does not have hip problems....(yeah, right)..Does Homer think that just by saying it that it makes it so? Anyone who has seen his real skating ability knows different. Good luck getting him to pass a real physical from a real doctor........ :ph34r:

But he should have had surgery four weeks ago if he wan't trying to scotch the trade which is still possible.

Underachieving, disappointing first rounder who's always injured, why won't someone give us huge value for him so he can win a Cup in another uniform?

But he should have had surgery four weeks ago if he wan't trying to scotch the trade which is still possible.

Underachieving, disappointing first rounder who's always injured, why won't someone give us huge value for him so he can win a Cup in another uniform?

of all the different Flyers who have trade value, he is one I wouldn't mind using to acquire value. that said, if we trade him, he absolutely win the cup with another team

That just happened last week! Homer's biggest problem is Bryzo! Thats the hole he has to plug first! Get all the forwards and "D" men you want, with Bryzo in net all the rest is mute. After last season's side show I'm suprised nobody is complaining. The Pens are smart, Fleury will have a good reason to play well.

Why do I have a sense this JVR guy is going to become a real problem child for the Flyers for years? On the ice he has been nothing short of disappointing. And now with every indication the Flyers seem to be serious in trading him while he has some value, these nagging and recurring injuries will make the team get stuck with him... Sounds like a headache in the makings.

JVR gets another chance with me based solely on his playoff performance last year (2011). He was the only Flyer that camce to play. I assume it was because he was healthy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

He had his infected foot drained. The surgeons didn't want to operate on him while he had an active infection.

@Podein25 I agree Pods, this kids playoff run was crazy good last year. He played like a man possessed. That kind of compitive nature does not just go away....he must have been hurt to the point it didn't allow him to dig in properly. I give him a pass also, but also consider him a major puzzle piece to upgrading the defense.

Another thing to consider, if he has another sub-standard injury filled season, the price we can fetch goes WAY down. Right now, he's pretty valuable to teams coveting a young power forward...which is just about every team.

Our trainers are so bad. All this time I thought he had the flu?

His left leg will be amputated next week.

Unfortunately, it's the right leg giving him problems.

I used the right font, right? ;-)

I just don't get all the JVR hate. Baring any games forfeited in a lockout, JVR will have a 60pt breakout season next year.

Would you pick him on your Fantasy Team next year? We have all been waiting for this breakout year (and yes I picked him on one of my teams and dropped him pretty quickly).

Would you pick him on your Fantasy Team next year? We have all been waiting for this breakout year (and yes I picked him on one of my teams and dropped him pretty quickly).

Sure, I would pick him in two of my three leagues. One being the league where there ate 20 teams. The other of which I generally carry 6 left wingers.