Poll: What will the Flyers do with the #20 pick?

Guest hf101

What will the Flyers do with the #20 pick?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Flyers do with the #20 pick?

• Choose a D-man
    • Choose a Forward
    • Choose a Goalie
    • Trade away the 20th pick

@TimKerrFan12

Welcome.

I've seen several mock drafts having Frk going late in the first round. I'm not so sure Holmgren would necessarily make a trade to draft later. But we will soon see tomorrow. How far in the rankings did he drop during the year due to the concussion?

@TimKerrFan12

Welcome.

I've seen several mock drafts having Frk going late in the first round. I'm not so sure Holmgren would necessarily make a trade to draft later. But we will soon see tomorrow. How far in the rankings did he drop during the year due to the concussion?

Thanks for the Welcome.

When the Mooseheads drafted Frk out of the Czech Republic at 16, I am pretty sure he was projected as a potential top 10 pick, but now he is ranked all over the place. See some rankings from Media below.

NHL Central Scouting - 20th (North American Skaters)

International Scouting Services - 42nd

The Hockey News - 45th

Craig Button (TSN) - 59th

Bob McKenzie (TSN) 32nd

I

@TimKerrFan12 First off welcome...I live a few miles from where Tim Kerr grew up, nice guy. I have heard a bit about Frk, know he's mid to late first round material that got bumped into the second round due to injuries. Guess the sccop on him is great hands, just average (at best) skater. Hockey News has him rated #45....but list him as a goal scoring threat....that usually translates into a bit of move up, late first would not shock me. Somebody gets him in the second, that's a nice start to a draft right there.

• Like 1

I don't know if anybody remembers the undrafted rookie that attended Flyer camp last fall, Thomas Hyka. Well, apparently he really impressed the Flyer brass with his speed and potential....and is now slated to be drafted #39 overall....look for the Flyers to be interested if he is there in the 3rd or the Panthers give us a second this year instead of next for the Versteeg deal. Something to watch for anyways. He's only 5'11 and 160, but as one scout says " he's one of the best pure skaters in the whole draft". 20-44-64 toalts in 50 games for Gatineau as a 17 year old...pretty impressive.

@TimKerrFan12 First off welcome...I live a few miles from where Tim Kerr grew up, nice guy. I have heard a bit about Frk, know he's mid to late first round material that got bumped into the second round due to injuries. Guess the sccop on him is great hands, just average (at best) skater. Hockey News has him rated #45....but list him as a goal scoring threat....that usually translates into a bit of move up, late first would not shock me. Somebody gets him in the second, that's a nice start to a draft right there.

Thanks Jammer. Yeah Frk can be pretty crafty with the puck. Like I mentioned has a killer shot. He is not that fast of a skater but being able to stickhandle benefits him. He does have a bit a a temper and took the odd undisciplined penalty, but I think if he can get on an NHL teams, fitness, diet regimen etc...I think he will be a steal.

I don't know if anybody remembers the undrafted rookie that attended Flyer camp last fall, Thomas Hyka. Well, apparently he really impressed the Flyer brass with his speed and potential....and is now slated to be drafted #39 overall....look for the Flyers to be interested if he is there in the 3rd or the Panthers give us a second this year instead of next for the Versteeg deal. Something to watch for anyways. He's only 5'11 and 160, but as one scout says " he's one of the best pure skaters in the whole draft". 20-44-64 toalts in 50 games for Gatineau as a 17 year old...pretty impressive.

Yes, there was some confusion with Hyka last year. If I remember correctly the Flyers were all ready to sign him out of training camp, but realized he had to go through the 2012 draft. I think he will be high on their radar.

@TimKerrFan12

this yahoo mock draft has the Flyers choosing Frk :P

20. Philadelphia Flyers: Martin Frk, F, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

Hey....good stuff. I remember a conversation that I had on the old board a few years back and I wanted the Flyers to draft Voracek lol. It ended up good in the long run. I was very excited last year acquiring him and I think most fans are pretty happy with his play.

Anyone hear the rumor about Grigerenko dropping so far in the first round due to a rumor that he is actually 20 instead of 18.....which would make a WORLD of difference. Apparently, as rumors have it, his mother worked in the Soviet Govt and he was born in Siberia, where records are not kept so well.....suppose it might be true, will be interenting to see if it is disproven or actually effects his draft position.

has the Flyers choosing Frk :P

OMG that would be a bad choice. I've seen this kid play for two years now in Halifax and I've never been impressed. He has a super large asss on him, but it takes him forever to get it moving. I never saw what people saw in him as the buzz around him a year ago had him top 10, top 5 in some lists.

I think we can get Koekkoek or Finn at #20, which would be fine with me.

OMG that would be a bad choice. I've seen this kid play for two years now in Halifax and I've never been impressed. He has a super large asss on him, but it takes him forever to get it moving. I never saw what people saw in him as the buzz around him a year ago had him top 10, top 5 in some lists.

I think we can get Koekkoek or Finn at #20, which would be fine with me.

Don't agree with u Podein. He is not the fastest guy out there, but his other skills make up for his skating, and he can work on his skating. He definitely shows flashes of what he can do when healthy. Even if he is projected in the 2nd round, that shows that he is considered a good pick. My opinion is that he will be a sleeper pick. I guess we can agree to disagree.

@TimKerrFan12

No worries, we can agree to disagree. And it's not like I'm a STH and watch every game of his. I've just never been impressed with his game is all. First impression was poor and it never improved I'm afraid.

Welcome to the board by the way. Did you have the same username on the Board that shall not be mentioned? You're not in a keeper league with me by chance are you, lol?

@TimKerrFan12

No worries, we can agree to disagree. And it's not like I'm a STH and watch every game of his. I've just never been impressed with his game is all. First impression was poor and it never improved I'm afraid.

Welcome to the board by the way. Did you have the same username on the Board that shall not be mentioned? You're not in a keeper league with me by chance are you, lol?

Hey Podein....yeah I had the same user name, but I added the 12 at the end...didn't post a lot, enjoyed reading other people's comments. Not in a keeper league though. Somebody impersonating me lol.

Edited by TimKerrFan12

Maybe injuries were enough of a concern to avoid Maata?

I think the only injury he had was the concussion after taking a puck to the head? I could be mistaken. Even if they were turned off by Maata you would think defense still no? Defensive center was the last thing I would put on my wish list for this team righ tnow.

@Vanflyer

I like Reinhart very much. In many ways the prize pick of the D since you can't teach someone to be 6'4" - he'll be gone well before 10th spot though, so you'd have to move up close to top 5 to have a decent shot at getting him. The price is prolly too steep.

I don't know much about Murray (taken number two)? How is he compared to Rienhart? I have followed Rienhart for a while and think he is a great kid with a huge future in front of him (not to mention his lineage is good as well).

@Vanflyer Murray is the polar opposite of Rienhart. If Rienhart is Scott Stevens (just comparing similar skill sets, not saying he's as good) than Murray is Nicklas Lidstrom. In fact many scouts call Murray the Canadian version of Lidstrom. Just very smooth skating, very smart....in short, a very crebral d-man who excles at lugging the puck and make safe sound descions with the puck. Rienhart is much more physical....an in your face take no prosioners type.

Edited by jammer2