Sabres Draft Q and A Notes

Guest Pegulaville26

A few notes from Sabres Draft Q and A today:

-Regier and Kevin Devine (Head of Amateur Scouting) believe draft goes 20 players deep.

-Sabres are NOT looking to trade into the top 5 more likely scenerio trading up with 21st pick to 14-18 range.

-Sabres believe there's no major impact player like Nugent-Hopkins last year.

-Management still fears drafting Russian players.

-Regier stated he is making more calls out then calls he is receiving on players.

-Armia ELC does not start until next season with Armia staying in Finland this season to fulfill military obligation.

-Regier confirms Sabres have discussed some players that are being read about in rumors. (Not a lot of meat, but worth mentioning).

but I'm very positively biased about Girgensons.

Why not? It makes the games more fun when you have a reason to root for a particular player.

BTW, besides his family, Zemgus had a lot of support. Coaches, friends, and management from his former teams. He is well-liked. My son had a blast.

@blocker Congrats on your houseguest getting selected in the 1st round Block.....hmmm, 14th....not shabby at all!! Like I said before, good things happen to good people....it all comes back around. Hopefully he can send you guys out some tickets to watch him play every once and a while, sure your son would LOVE that!

you guys out some tickets to watch him play every once and a while, sure your son would LOVE that!

Hey Jammer..........How you doing?

Z and his Dad play their cards close to their vests. But, I think he'll play at Vermont this fall. Kevin Sneddon, the UVM coach, also made the trip to Pittsburgh. So, hopefully we'll see a lot of him this winter.

When he was here before, he was very good about attending the games of his adopted "brothers and sister". I know he'll be busy, but we expect to watch a few shifts with him.

Edited by blocker