TSN says Duck's Bobby Ryan available!

Guest The Quigster

You still owe the player the money, but I believe he comes off the cap....I think...some guys have to be on the opening night roster to make a certain amount....if not maybe an AHL pro rated version of 1.1 mill even...

Can someone explain to me like to a 5-year-old what was the point of acquiring Kelly and giving him $1.1 mil in the first place?

I assume you mean Shelley. And it was that one good game he had as a Ranger against us at the end of the season, and I guess Homer thought that was worth $3.3M over 3 years.

I assume you mean Shelley. And it was that one good game he had as a Ranger against us at the end of the season, and I guess Homer thought that was worth $3.3M over 3 years.

Sorry, yes, Shelley of course....

You know, I can't figure this Holmgren guy out. Some of his moves are nothing short of brilliant, while the others are nothing short of just plain idiotic. It's almost like there is nothing in between with him.... Crazy.

Sorry, yes, Shelley of course....

You know, I can't figure this Holmgren guy out. Some of his moves are nothing short of brilliant, while the others are nothing short of just plain idiotic. It's almost like there is nothing in between with him.... Crazy.

Totally agree... I mean, to be fair, you can't win every single trade. Can you imagine if we had a guy like Howson at the helm?? But if you look at all the moves he made last year, the only really bad one, IMO, was Bryzgalov. And we all know he had virtually no choice and no leverage.

Everything else was pretty savvy. Jagr, Voracek/Coots, Simmer/Schenn, Read, Talbot, and then shedding guys like Powe, Carcillo, etc.

I am a fan of Shelley back to his QMJHL days, but I agree they have to get him off the books. I didn't read this whole thread, just joined on again last night. Used to be on the old forum. Anyways, I think I would prefer to have Bobby Ryan over Nash if I had to choose. Ryan should come a little "cheaper" shouldn't he? We shouldn't have to give up us much to acquire him. What do u think?

I am a fan of Shelley back to his QMJHL days, but I agree they have to get him off the books. I didn't read this whole thread, just joined on again last night. Used to be on the old forum. Anyways, I think I would prefer to have Bobby Ryan over Nash if I had to choose. Ryan should come a little "cheaper" shouldn't he? We shouldn't have to give up us much to acquire him. What do u think?

Welcome back, TKF12!

Yeah, Ryan ($5.1M through 2014-15) would be cheaper than Nash ($7.8M through 2017-18) in both salary and what you'd have to give up to get him.

I see Georges Laroque is attempting a return to the NHL at a very reasonable price according to him. He provides the ultimate goon factor and he can play a little. Replacing Shelley,Rinaldo and Sestito if needed along with freeing up some bucks.

I see Georges Laroque is attempting a return to the NHL at a very reasonable price according to him. He provides the ultimate goon factor and he can play a little. Replacing Shelley,Rinaldo and Sestito if needed along with freeing up some bucks.

Wow, and I thoght we were gong to go with a Boogaard rumor.

What? Too soon?

Rinaldo is signed at $544K and Sestito is an RFA at $550K.

Waive Shelley now.

yes it is....

It's no surprise Ryan is getting fed up with the trade rumors. Every year it's the same thing, "Ryan to be traded...." Eventually (i guess) that gets to you. Whenever those rumors appeared I don't recall the Ducks ever coming out and saying "No way, it's only a rumor, Bobby Ryan is an integral piece to our team." So maybe they were entertaining offers all along and the right one just never fell into their lap.

So maybe now's the time. I said earlier if we go for Ryan we're avoiding our #1 priority, which is defensive help. But...Ryan skating with Giroux is hard to pass up.

The problem with these high profile offers are the asking price: A whole line, three for one trade from the Ducks or the BJ is absurd. Both these guy are consistent thirty goal scorers,Barber,Propp,forty goal guys,Kerr,LeClair fifty goal guys just for comparison. I read that Nash is considered a super star,I got to tell you when I think of a super star,Lindros comes to mind first.Neither Nash or Ryan is even close. Homer likes hype. I don't think either the Ducks or the BJ are serious about moving these guys,just fishing.

Please get this deal done.

The Ducks are clearly up to something. Just traded Viznovsky to the Islanders for a draft pick. They are looking to free up cap space for something.

My money is on them making a run at Suter.

The problem with these high profile offers are the asking price: A whole line, three for one trade from the Ducks or the BJ is absurd. Both these guy are consistent thirty goal scorers,Barber,Propp,forty goal guys,Kerr,LeClair fifty goal guys just for comparison. I read that Nash is considered a super star,I got to tell you when I think of a super star,Lindros comes to mind first.Neither Nash or Ryan is even close. Homer likes hype. I don't think either the Ducks or the BJ are serious about moving these guys,just fishing.

Wtf, Nash is absolutely a superstar, albeit stuck in Columbus.