Who is Justin Schultz?

Guest OH1FlyersFan

Have you guys seen this yet? Just read it a few minutes ago. I'm not familiar with this kid, can't say I've ever seen him play, and haven't YouTubed him yet. Sounds like he could be promising. He's young, though, and somewhat of an unknown quantity. Worth taking a risk on? I'd say yes. He probably won't break the bank, has decent size, is a right-handed shot, is ready to play (supposedly), and could be on the roster for a very long time.

"Holmgren wouldn’t comment about promising defenseman Justin Schultz, who is expected to become a free agent, because he didn’t want to be accused of tampering.

Schultz, who was drafted in the second round by Anaheim in 2008 but did not sign, figures to have a long line of suitors. Some consider Toronto the favorite to sign him.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Schultz would be a great signing by the Flyers. He would give them a much-needed right-handed shot and he is considered a can't-miss prospect.

In 121 games at the University of Wisconsin, Schultz had 40 goals and 73 assists. He reportedly is looking for guaranteed playing time on an NHL roster."