Suter seems to still be an option

Guest hf101

Despite earlier reports that pending-unrestricted free agent Ryan Suter of the Nashville Predators has no interest in signing with an Eastern Conference team, his agent has denied that claim.

Yesterday, Comcast SportsNet's Tim Panaccio reported that Suter had a list of teams that he would potentially be willing to talk to if his rights were dealt before July 1st. According to Panaccio’s source, there were only Western Conference teams on Suter’s list.

But in an article released by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo, he reports that Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, denies that a list even exists.

I got a few tweets last night asking if the Wild may trade for Ryan Suter's rights now that it's out there that he's supplied a list of teams to the Nashville Predators that he's willing to have his rights traded to.

I never saw those reports, so I gave Suter's agent, Neil Sheehy, a call and he denied them, saying it's "100 percent untrue" that Suter 1) has a list of teams he would and would not go to and 2) that he's given any list to Preds GM David Poile.

That doesn't mean a deal with Nashville will get done prior to July 1, but Sheehy at least denies there's any list(s).

It has been reported that Philadelphia has an interest in pursuing Suter to help upgrade the team's defensive corps. 

Suter is expected to test the open market rather than signing a deal with any team prior to July 1, according to several sources.   

http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/blog/kim-pollock/philadelphia-flyers/suters-list-potential-teams-does-not-exist-according-report