Flyers to Waive Bobrovsky?

Guest OH1FlyersFan

This is from the Columbus Dispatch and they're horrible at covering hockey, mainly because they know very little about it. But here's what I just read. They need a goalie and bad. They're ticking down the list of who's available. Segei is on it.

"Philadelphia’s Sergei Bobrovsky, stuck behind Ilya Bryzgalov, can be had. Bobrovsky is quick and skilled, yet he has flamed out with the Flyers. If you are the Blue Jackets, is it smart to make Bobrovsky the centerpiece of a trade? There is talk that the Flyers might even waive him."

These guys have no sources and their coverage of the Jackets pretty much suck, just like the team, so I can't speak to the validity of anything they write. But this one did catch my eye. We'll see, I suppose.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/06/21/jackets-still-need-goalie-and-there-are-few-viable-options.html

@Digityman It's outrageous to even suggest waiving Bob, here we have a perfectly healthy commodity....this report makes no sense. Wondering if Steve Mason would be coming back in a potential Blue Jackets deal....if not who plays back up? Is Leighton the plan? LOL! Already let Vokoun and Lindback slip though our fingers (acquired for very reasonable low costs I might add)....who is left?

@flyercanuck

I just threw up thinking about that "dynamic duo".

I have just spent the last 20 minutes searching for his playoff meltdown where he smashed, then broke his stick on the cross bar, then tossed it in center ice. Mind you the puck was still in play.

I think this was the 2001 playoffs against Buffalo, the 8-0 loss.

SMH

I would bet all the rum in my liquor cabinet, they are not waiving Bob. Young goalie, who has showed potential...yea, they are going to let him walk for nothing

on it's face, yeah, but....who remembers how phoenix ended up with bryzgalov after he'd imressed the world with really strong numbers in 16 PO games, 5 of those leading to a cup?

i'd call it really stupid to waive the kid, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing i've ever seen.

This is from the Columbus Dispatch and they're horrible at covering hockey, mainly because they know very little about it. But here's what I just read. They need a goalie and bad. They're ticking down the list of who's available. Segei is on it.

"Philadelphia’s Sergei Bobrovsky, stuck behind Ilya Bryzgalov, can be had. Bobrovsky is quick and skilled, yet he has flamed out with the Flyers. If you are the Blue Jackets, is it smart to make Bobrovsky the centerpiece of a trade? There is talk that the Flyers might even waive him."

These guys have no sources and their coverage of the Jackets pretty much suck, just like the team, so I can't speak to the validity of anything they write. But this one did catch my eye. We'll see, I suppose.

http://www.bluejacke...le-options.html

Why in the world would they waive the kid? Trade? Yes. Waiver wire? Makes no sense.

lol,

"Goaltenders are difficult to find, as evidenced by the fact that the Blue Jackets have only two under contract — Mason and Allen York — and they need at least five within the organization. Drafting and development is the best way to get a No. 1. Trades and free-agent signings are fraught with questions (see above, and also see “Dekanich, Mark”).

What a dumbnut, if the list of back-ups is lousy for the Jackets why then would the Flyers even entertain the thought of a trade, or just dropping him to the waiverwire. As if we have a reliable backup in the system to replace him. Then the Flyers would be forced to sign one of the overthehill backups.

2011-12_UFA_Goalies.png

I saw this chart of goalies on the market as of Monday. Since then Harding has been signed. Could anyone please tell my why Holmgren would trade Bob and sign one of these UFA's available?

Maybe Montoya, but geez. Bob isn't going anywhere this year.

Montoya's a pretty decent goalie, was decent with the Isles sad sack defense last year, would be better on the Flyers. Not my first option, but better than Bob in my books.

Which was your first option? The problem dealing Bob is Holmgren would need to make sure he was able to sign Montoya, or any other UFA goalie that is a so said improvement over Bob. We surely don't want a Leighton. scenario next season with two newbie goaltenders with the Phantoms.

Gotta wonder if Bernier is still on the table, it's more obvious than ever Quick is blocking his way. Other than that, Montoya is prob one of the best talents available. I'd have to see a UFA list, but pretty sure the pickings are slim, esp since Lindback and Vokoun are off the market.

Gotta wonder if Bernier is still on the table, it's more obvious than ever Quick is blocking his way. Other than that, Montoya is prob one of the best talents available. I'd have to see a UFA list, but pretty sure the pickings are slim, esp since Lindback and Vokoun are off the market.

You also have to keep in mind that any goalie coming to the Flyers is going to play second fiddle to the guy with 8 freakin years left on his contract. That is going to weigh heavily on the minds of any goalie wanting to be the starter and not the guy following the parade of elephants with a shovel and garbage pail......

Could anyone please tell my why Holmgren would trade Bob and sign one of these UFA's available?

well, maybe because bob would slot under gustavsson and right over raycroft on the sv% column?

imo, clemmensen is the way to go.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on Montoya. He sucks! I had the dis-pleasure of watching him play down here for 3 yrs. He was traded (AHL trade) to the Islanders farm team and benefited on other guy's injuries. He won 10 or 15 games at the end of the season when teams were not playing all out.

I would rather have Conklin or Clemenson off that list.