Nikita Filatov has fled to Russia

Guest hf101

Filatov has fled to CSKA Moskva to play for his hometown youth team in the KHL. After complaining of not getting the minutes he wanted and not wanting to be sent down again to Binghamton he made the request to Murray.

I guess he could come back....... But Radulov hasn't .

The Blue Jackets have sure missed the boat with their top draft picks.

It's really incredible how 10 top ten picks have turned out for Columbus.

2000 - Rostisalv Klesla (4) - no longer with team

2001 - Pascal Leclaire (8) - no longer with team

2002 - Rick Nash (1) - duh

2003 - Nickolai Zherdev (4) - no longer with team; um, yeah

2004 - Alexandre Picard (8) - no longer with team; no, not *that* one, the *other* one

2005 - Gilbert Brule (6) - no longer with team

2006 - Derrick Brassard (6) - oddly enough, still with the team

2007 - Jakub Voracek (7) - no longer with team

2008 - Nikita Filatov (6) - no longer with team

2009 - John Moore (21) - in AHL

2010 - Ryan Johansen (4) - still on roster

2011 - no first rounder (transferred to Philadelphia - Sean Courturier)

The Blue Jackets have sure missed the boat with their top draft picks.

Something is wrong with that organization, they can't seem to develope players right except for Nash.

yep...with the Flyers. $3.25 mil/yr for 3 years. And a NMC.

Book it, Dano.

I thought he's still under contract with Nashville and a ELC.

Something is wrong with that organization, they can't seem to develope players right except for Nash.

One might argue they haven't done much with developing Nash, either. I'd say Nash was a prohibitive #1 in 2002 (Lehtfourin, Bouwmeester, Pitkanen, Whitney, Upshall, Lupul followed). He was billed as a can't miss goal scorer and he's been a can't miss goal scorer. He's never been much else, though.

Goals per season: 17-41-31-27-38-40-33-32

He scored 40 in his second season. I don't think Columbus "developed" him at all. If anything, IMO, they're sucking the life out of his career.

@radoran

In all fairness to Nash he's never had the calibre of players on his line other "elite" players usually get to play with. When he plays on Team Canada he generally looks like one of the best players in the world. When he plays on Columbus he generally looks like a guy who's been waiting for a linemate for a decade.

If Filatov is going to be buried in the minors, why not play in the KHL? He did ask, not quite flee. Let him get his ice time and see what happens.

The only reason Filatov is buried in the minors is his work ethic and attitude. The guy has NHL talent. He just needs to get stronger and work harder. he took the easy way out, which is what he does and why he's not in the NHL. What, he wasn't getting minutes in the A? I call bs...but If he wasn't that'd be all on him.

The only reason Filatov is buried in the minors is his work ethic and attitude. The guy has NHL talent. He just needs to get stronger and work harder. he took the easy way out, which is what he does and why he's not in the NHL. What, he wasn't getting minutes in the A? I call bs...but If he wasn't that'd be all on him.

In fairness, even the people in Binghamton don't want to be in Binghamton. In that respect, it might have been TOO MANY minutes in the A...

If it's a choice between making relatively the same money in your home town (speaking your own language) or stuck in a backwater lower central New York town - what decision are you making?

The fact that he couldn't crack OTTAWA's lineup is telling, though. The guy seems to have Daigle levels of dedication and commitment.

If his decision was between the A and Russia, I don't blame him one bit. His decision though rad, is between trying to make an NHL career for himself by working for it, or taking the free ride in the K. That says all i need to know about Mr. Filatov.

If his decision was between the A and Russia, I don't blame him one bit. His decision though rad, is between trying to make an NHL career for himself by working for it, or taking the free ride in the K. That says all i need to know about Mr. Filatov.

The guy seems to have Daigle levels of dedication and commitment.