Help! Watching the draft

Guest ctid

I really need some help to watch the draft online somehow.

I live in Denmark, and the draft coverage is obviously non-existent on this side of the pond (unless you live in one of the european hockey countries).

I know the NHL network provides a free live stream for rounds 2-7 but NOT the first round, which is the one I want to watch obviously.

Does anybody have ANY information on how to watch the first round of the draft tonight online?

help would be much appreciated.

Hey @ctid, long time no see.

I thought maybe TSN was live-streaming, but it's not clear to me if that's the case. Available on TSN Mobile for sure, which is prolly no help. Certainly TSN will have a live Twitter feed pick-by-pick and other social media stuff. tsn.ca

@pods

yea I've haven't been posting for a while. but I read quite often. So I'm around.

I might try TSN eventhough it is only available in Canada. I'm wondering if I use Hotspot shield or Hidemyass if it will work? they are both programs that will let you surf whilst hiding you IP....just thinking loud here....maybe that won't work since they probably filter out all non-Canadian IP's.....or maybe it checks up against the IP of the country (in my case, they would see that a guy from Denmark is trying to view their content) and then block me out....but if I hide my IP they can't see it is from Denmark or any other country. I wonder if they filter out unknown IP's.

Damn...too many questions. All I know is I have to watch the draft tonight, if it means spoofing my IP so it looks like its a Canadian IP, so be it. I have no idea how to actually do that, but I got a few hours to find out :)

@ctid

You lost me at "I might try..." - I'm not very tech savvy or any kind of savvy, if you savvy

The TSN "social lounge" has that hot blonde Russian chick doing her thing. You could do worse than just follow her

What are you doing in Denmark or are you from there?

That will be my backup plan...definitely, that and listening to the draft via some online radio feed.

Hope the russian chick is "viewable" from a Danish IP.

Yea, I am from Denmark, went to UNCC (Charlotte) though.

r maybe it checks up against the IP of the country (in my case, they would see that a guy from Denmark is trying to view their content) and then block me out....but if I hide my IP they can't see it is from Denmark or any other country. I wonder if they filter out unknown IP's.

if you were into it, you could try to track down a canadian proxy and go through them. the IP tsn would see would be canadian, at that point. not sure how tough it is to find one, though.

@doom88

it is on the list of most boring thing ever. i really don't know why i watch every year. let #20 get here quick.

Agreed, mostly because I don't see much juniors hockey.

On the bright side, there are a few hot chicks in the stands.