G out vs Craps / Habs this week?

Guest bernardmarcel1

@ brelic / "Crosby is out indefinitely"

Wow. That totally blows my mind right now. I hate that little prick, but holy crap thats gotta be almost a season's worth of games missed??

Makes me even more nervous about G (& especially after reading that NYT article on Boogaard / long term effects of head injuries to athletes).

Best case scenario is maybe (**shudder**) Homer & the Flyers staff are beginning to learn their lesson & are just being ultra cautious with G. Crossing fingers & praying to the hockey gods it's nothing serious...

@ brelic / "Crosby is out indefinitely"

Wow. That totally blows my mind right now. I hate that little prick, but holy crap thats gotta be almost a season's worth of games missed??

Makes me even more nervous about G (& especially after reading that NYT article on Boogaard / long term effects of head injuries to athletes).

Best case scenario is maybe (**shudder**) Homer & the Flyers staff are beginning to learn their lesson & are just being ultra cautious with G. Crossing fingers & praying to the hockey gods it's nothing serious...

Well, that's the thing with indefinitely... it sounds scary, but it really just means they have no idea. There's no timetable for his return. It could be a week, could be a year.

I honestly don't remember a time in the NHL where there were so many concussions. Maybe they're just better at diagnosing them, or the threshold is lower, but man, it's a little crazy. We have 3 just on our team this year.

That just blows. I'd love to see Giroux not miss a beat... but I'd much prefer to see him have a long career in Philly ;)

BTW, Crosby is out indefinitely.

I think they are just being cautious with Giroux which is understandable. Saw that about Crosby. Kind of sucks as he might very well be done.