Flyers #20 Pick...SCOTT LAUGHTON

Guest pilldoc

Would you take Laughton over Maata?

Maybe. Yes.

At the time, I was disappointed and firmly on record saying Homer should have taken Maatta. Taken a D.

Now I'm not so sure. Laughton will be a good pro and he will likely be a good, contributing pro before Maatta and certainly before many other D we could have taken. He already has a complete, responsible game. His main attribute is his compete level. Also good. Plus Maatta is a Finn. Just sayin' :P

All I'm saying is that I can see how the thinking might have went: "we like Laughton, we like Wilson. Ok, Wilson is gone at #16, do we wait and hope Laughton is there at #45 (unlikely)? Or do we take him while we can and hope that one of the other D we had on our list (say, Finn, Bystrom, Pokka, Thrower, Pelech etc) is still there in the 2nd round."

Of course, there the thinking apparently stopped as they took a goalie who is a project at best and a hopeless long shot at worst). But still....

Edited by Podein25

Of course, there the thinking apparently stopped as they took a goalie who is a project at best and a hopeless long shot at worst). But still....

I can digest Laughton over Maata. What I can't digest is the goalie in the second round. It makes the whole Bobs trade moot (other than having mercy for bob).

I can digest Laughton over Maata. What I can't digest is the goalie in the second round. It makes the whole Bobs trade moot (other than having mercy for bob).

The Bob trade was absolutely a mercy kill.

At the #45 spot? I doubt it.

Look where Wilson went. If Laughton has half the character that many are saying he has (plus a decent amount of all around skill with few weak spots) I cannot see how a whole pile of teams, many of which said typical things like wanting to draft "character guys" would have passed on him.

Look at the picks that teams like Wpg who are all about character if you listen to their GM, took: (#39-44):

Lukas Sutter Dylan Blujus Mitchell Heard Patrick Sieloff Ludwig Bystrom Jake McCabe

I'd take Laughton over every one of those guys from my limited knowledge. Bystrom seems to have fallen, otherwise, none of those guys would have gone first round. Whereas, lots of people had Laughton going in the first round.

Anyway, what I really meant to say is go f u c k yourself and have a nice summer.

Hey thanks Pods...I really feel better about the pick now. Actually, it's not like I don't like the pick, just that I'd have preferred Maata. So would you, you're just too busy drinking tequila and orange koolaid for breakfast you lush.

you're just too busy drinking tequila and orange koolaid for breakfast you lush.

Guilty as charged. Actually last weekend, we made beergaritas. Not bad. Make a tequila/lime slush and then add beer. You can hardly taste either the beer or the tequila.

Guilty as charged. Actually last weekend, we made beergaritas. Not bad. Make a tequila/lime slush and then add beer. You can hardly taste either the beer or the tequila.

I got a great beergarita recipe on ESPN radio. It was like the only useful information I ever got from ESPN radio. I make them all the time.

It was like the only useful information I ever got from ESPN radio.

LMAO!

Yeah, they are shockingly effective. I'm a big believer in tequila. They should just reclassify it as a drug and be done with it, cause it ain't like any other alcohol known to man.

• Like 1

Make a tequila/lime slush and then add beer. You can hardly taste either the beer or the tequila.

What kind of beer did you use? It sounds disgusting to me, but the beer will have a factor.

Where I live currently, they have a beer that makes people crazy. The urban legend is that their is 10-15% gin added in. If you drink a 6 pack you are snookered.

my friend makes a pot beer in which he uses everclear to extract the thc from the green. now that gets you snookered!

While my days of that kind of thing have passed awhile ago, I am not sure what everclear is (I thought it was like a grain alcohol). I lived in Amsterdam for a while. They have these things called "space cakes" in the coffee shops. Not only are they delicious, but their title does not do justice. The problem is you have to be sure to segregate your "space cakes" from your munchy cakes- or else you will lose days at a time.

What kind of beer did you use? It sounds disgusting to me, but the beer will have a factor.

Where I live currently, they have a beer that makes people crazy. The urban legend is that their is 10-15% gin added in. If you drink a 6 pack you are snookered.

I thought it would be too. But it wasn't. We used a lime beer, might have been Moosehead lime but there was a bunch of the lime brands around.

Where are you living, near Angkor Wat? Christ, you should be careful, Pol Pot's dudes are likely hanging around still.

use corona and add sprite.

I thought it would be too. But it wasn't. We used a lime beer, might have been Moosehead lime but there was a bunch of the lime brands around.

Where are you living, near Angkor Wat? Christ, you should be careful, Pol Pot's dudes are likely hanging around still.

I guess I can see that (lime beer). So do you use less lemon / lime juice mix for the margarita side or is it a direct swap (ie. the lime beer IS the mixer)? Truthfully, that sounds good...especially if you get some carbonation in the result.

@Vanflyer

yes it is a type of grain alcohol.

I have had the space cakes and know exactly what you are talking about!

Then of course- make sure you are not cooking dinner with those special mushrooms they have there or else you are really eff'd.

^_^

I can tell you stories. There is an annual concert series (three days at Melkweg theatre) called "Jam at the Dam". I was living there and literally could not find my way home two years in a row. If you have ever been to Amsterdam, you will understand why (extracarricular stuff withstanding). After the shows, my accomplices and I would just meander around aimlessly for hours.