Leighton still an option, WTF?

Guest Samifan

@canoli Did everyone forget that queasy horrible feeling of bringing a knife to a gun fight in the finals. Shame on *whoever* forgets that feeling of helplessness. 2 friggin games away....and WHAM, the carpet pulled out from underneath us. Imagine being in that same spot and having the same result. The posters that are ok with Leighton being on this squad should be *ASHAMED* of themsleves!!!!

Did everyone forget that queasy horrible feeling of bringing a knife to a gun fight in the finals.

I think they did -that's really the only plausible explanation. The guy stunk up the joint in the worst possible way for 6 games, with the Cup-losing goal the ultimate failure and a fitting cap to his Flyers' career. How anyone could want to see him in the O&B again just mystifies me.

Unfortunately I think we still have a knife instead of a gun - and a dull knife at that (though he thinks he's terribly sharp and witty) - in Bryzgalov.

Edited by canoli

@canoli Can, we need to start a "make Bryz the CBA whipping boy" site...USE THE AMNESTY ON BRYZ.com....has a nice ring to it no? LOL!

Absolutely. Ed and Co. should realize it was a huge mistake hiring this guy and do whatever it takes to get rid of him. Take the option - if it's offered.

The only thing is...if the new CBA doesn't go into effect until Sept 12 that doesn't leave much time to replace Bryzgalov.

Frankly though I get the feeling it's only the fans who are thinking about buying out Bryzgalov - I doubt the Flyers are even considering it.

Howie:

Could not agree more.

I just think Holmgren will insert Leighton as the back-up and try to use the money elsewhere. I donlt understand why people are so down on Leighton. Obe goal does not nake a career. maybe i am missing something.

Will give Reise some time to develop those 2 kids in Adirondack.

You think Holmgren is going to make any sizeable moves?

BOI

BOI: Howdy and I hope you are well. I believe a move for a top 4 defender can't be ruled out. Granted, Schenn's addition makes that less likely but I think Homer wants to build the D.

I think the question is with Carle resigning? If that happens the D need drops. If not, I smell a trade.

Best,

Howie

Imho that whole "hid his injury" story was a bunch of conspiracy b.s. I figure he honestly thought he wouldn't need surgery so he did what any professional would do; he signed his contract. Big deal.

My problem with Leighton has nothing to do with his back and everything to do with his playing history. We saw Cinderella turn into a pumpkin right before our eyes. We don't ever want to see it again.

For a few weeks there it looked like we had the next Hasek, the next late-blooming wonder in net. And then the pressure mounted...Parent fell on top of Boucher and took him out...then it was all Leighton...and he got worse and worse...when the Final began he was barely an AHL-caliber goaltender. Soft goals every game, pulled twice...till finally ...

No thanks. Not again.

Let's hope Cinderella returns if the $51M man fumbles....