Goalie Anthony Stolarz

Guest hf101

Anthony Stolarz, a 6'5" 200lb goaltender from Corpus Christi in the NAHL. Stolarz, a native of Edison, N.J., grew up a fan of the Devils and his favorite player is Brodeur.

ISS has him ranked as the 10th-best goaltender in this draft.

I'm guessing here the Flyers have been watching this kid for some time.

Scouts say Stolarz is extremely fast post to post.

Stolarz compiled a 2.84 GAA and a .920 save percentage in 50 games with the IceRays last season.

He's committed to the University of Nebraska-Omaha

He can be a starter when he's 28 since we're stuck with Bryzjerkoff for the next 9 years. Totally dumb wasting a second rounder on a goalie with no chance to start.

Don't you think Homer and Snider have some inside information on what the next CBA will be like? They aren't idiots.

I highly doubt Bryzgalov is here 9 years from now.

@RonJeremy I'm Ok with the pick. As most know, 80% of second rounders are total flops. Most don't see a lick of NHL action. If you can either provide depth or somehow come up with a legit starter tender.....it's a pick well spent. The NHL is so close right now, the back up literally determines if your squad is playoff worthy....thus a very important cog in any team. You're back up sucks and you don't get pts out the games your starter does not play, you most likely will not make the playoffs. I don't know about you, but I hear 6'5 and super fast crease to crease....that's exciting.

Wow that's crazy Stolarz is a Flyer!!! My younger brother played with him on his High School team, Jackson Memorial Ice Hockey. I'm also from Jackson, NJ. I seen this kid play before he was pretty good.

oh btw. My brother said Stolarz favorite team is the NJ Devils.

Edited by Flyerguy

Wow that's crazy Stolarz is a Flyer!!! My younger brother played with him on his High School team, Jackson Memorial Ice Hockey. I'm also from Jackson, NJ. I seen this kid play before he was pretty good.

oh btw. My brother said Stolarz favorite team is the NJ Devils.

Ugh. Screw The Devils. The Flyers just unloaded the Rangers fan.

• Like 2

He can be a starter when he's 28 since we're stuck with Bryzjerkoff for the next 9 years. Totally dumb wasting a second rounder on a goalie with no chance to start.

it's never a bad decision to draft a goalie..good goalies are rare and is worth taking a gamble on..

• Like 1

it's never a bad decision to draft a goalie..good goalies are rare and is worth taking a gamble on..

Just as the Sixers have needed a legit franchise Center for years --- so have the Flyers needed a franchise goalie.....

it's been so bad, I'd just keep drafting multiple goalies every year until one finally sticks!! Screw it. haha....

• Like 1

Just as the Sixers have needed a legit franchise Center for years --- so have the Flyers needed a franchise goalie.....

it's been so bad, I'd just keep drafting multiple goalies every year until one finally sticks!! Screw it. haha....

I used to say that every year , why don't the Flyers just use every draft pick on goalies and eventually one of them has to develop..

...use every draft pick on goalies and eventually one of them has to develop..

Exactly, plus the chances that the one that develops wraps his Porsche around a concrete abutment can't be that great, right?