JVR traded for Luke Schenn

Guest hf101

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the trade?

Details to follow. E5

Well this was rumored last spring.

Stupid, Stupid Stupid!! Is that a 1 for 1 fair trade?? Stupid!

Luke Schenn is our saviour on defense? So much for Bobby Ryan, so much for Ryan Suter.

Edited by TimKerrFan12

Hmmm...Not sure what to think of this as I haven't really watched Luke Schenn much myself. I remember last time this rumor went around, the prevailing opinion on this board wasn't all that high on him.

But I do know that now we definitely need a winger for Giroux.

@everyone

i'm wondering if the whole... no labrum repair surgery was the final, straw....i'm trying to remember if the hip labrum injury was why Nittiamaki was ultimately let go, perhaps the brain trust thinks it will hamper JvR as long as he plays hockey.

i know @jammer2 has not had a lot of good things to say about big brother schenn, but perhaps it's because he has "leaf stench" on him and if he gets paired with a good player... Timmonen ; maybe he can be coached up , to where the game slows down for him. he kind of had no real mentoring up there as they were all young and stupid and Leafs, also maybe playing with his younger brother will perk him up.

I'd have like a pick or something to come back, but at least the defensive need has been partially addressed.

• Like 1

Hmmm...Not sure what to think of this as I haven't really watched Luke Schenn much myself. I remember last time this rumor went around, the prevailing opinion on this board wasn't all that high on him.

But I do know that now we definitely need a winger for Giroux.

Also true. No JVR, not likely to resign Jagr...who goes up? Voracek? Convert Schenn to a wing? Bobby Ryan lol.

I think you got the better end of this deal. I'm surprised you got Schenn for just JVR.

Why do you say that? Just wondering.

I think if both players achieved their max potential the would be pretty equal. We needed a solid young dman with the ability to be a #1-3. It worked for both teams. I say it's equal now and we will see what happens in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

Well, our already suspect blue line just took on the worst "deer in headlights" player this side of Milan Jurcina (Milan is pound for pound the worst player in the NHL IMHO). He will get eaten alive in Philly. He will throw the puck out front in a panic....does it all the time. My Leaf fan buddies ( I know, I know....lol) all calling me and saying...."well, JVR might or might not suck....I know that Luke sucks" so we won the trade...LOL!

I would think a draft pick coming back to us would even this travisty out for us. Good point made by Mojo...getting mentored by Timmonen is MUCH different than Phaneuf....so maybe there is hope. I've never been impressed by Luke, but even myself, admittedly a big detractor....has to admit he still has upside....AND hits like a truck. So there is worse things. At least the drama that was JVR is over. Would have liked to see this guy go for a more legit roster player...but he's not legit yet so why should we get that back?

I also forgot that Luke Schenn has a right handed shot. I'm liking this deal.

I was bummed at first, but 6-2, 220...the kids only 22 w/ 4 NHL seasons under his belt. Any kid playing prime time D minutes for a suck azz team like the Laffs will struggle.

Clearly Homer is going the route he did w/ Jake - change of scenery for a top 10 draft pick that was lauguishing on a bottom tier team. Looks like he got a big, physical first round Dman after all....

I'd like to be hopeful on this one in that it could be 3-4 more years before a big kid like Luke Schenn really hits his prime development-wise.

Anyone know his cap hit?

I was bummed at first, but 6-2, 220...the kids only 22 w/ 4 NHL seasons under his belt. Any kid playing prime time D minutes for a suck azz team like the Laffs will struggle.

Clearly Homer is going the route he did w/ Jake - change of scenery for a top 10 draft pick that was lauguishing on a bottom tier team. Looks like he got a big, physical first round Dman after all....

I'd like to be hopeful on this one in that it could be 3-4 more years before a big kid like Luke Schenn really hits his prime development-wise.

Anyone know his cap hit?

$3.6m/yr until end of 2015/16 NMC eligible in last year of deal.

• Like 1