Bobby Ryan - "be a very ideal and comfortable place for me."

Guest OH1FlyersFan

@

I understand you weren't necessarily advocating the proposed trade, and there is merit to the argument of stregthening the offense's ability to control play and keep any and all shots from getting near the schizo goalie. I just hate the idea of giving up Coburn (solid yet unspectacular) in the process, not to mention I really liked what Jake showed last year.

And good lord let's hope Parise doesn't go anywhere near Pittsburgh, I'd rather he stayed in NJ....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120625_Pieces_falling_into_place_for__lsquo_Homer_.html

severalli saying that it appears homer is not going to be trading any of the young guys...

i'm not sure how he knows that but he lays out a cap scenario where we will have 9 million after resigning Carle and Voras. which means lots of things can be in play on july 1

I'd much rather see Mez go than Coburn....I want to see the results after watching him reach maturity in the O&B...not watch him struggle and grow and watch somebody else get the finished product....that would suck donkey balls.

http://www.philly.co...quo_Homer_.html

severalli saying that it appears homer is not going to be trading any of the young guys...

i'm not sure how he knows that but he lays out a cap scenario where we will have 9 million after resigning Carle and Voras. which means lots of things can be in play on july 1

This is discussed in the "Cap - Am I Missing Something?" thread.

@mojo1917 I trust rads breakdown....9 mill after those 2...I just don't see how that is possible.

He's not taking into account the off-season cap. There is about $9M in space under some scenarios once the season starts but up until that point the Flyers have a lot of weight on the cap with RFAs, Walker, Pronger, etc.

With Carle at $4.5M and Voracek at $3M I had them somewhere near $2.7M in cap space. with $2.7M tied up in bonuses and $2.8M tied up in Walker/Shelley.

In a "best case" (again, see other thread) that's around $8.2M.

Aww come on!! ;)

I have heard from Panotch( it was on TV he's not my friend or anything) that the chances of Parise signing with an Atlantic conference team are pretty slim out of respect for Godfather Lou. And that makes sense by all accounts Parise is a quality North American kid.... Now if the realignment that was bandied about prior to the the playoffs is in effect for this year , where the Pens are no longer in the Atlantic division but in a central or northern division you may have a shot, if however that realignment talk was just talk ,then i think were all SOL and Detroit or Minnesota has the inside track if Parise is looking to escape from Newark, and hey who wouldn't .

I have heard from Panotch( it was on TV he's not my friend or anything) that the chances of Parise signing with an Atlantic conference team are pretty slim out of respect for Godfather Lou. And that makes sense by all accounts Parise is a quality North American kid.... Now if the realignment that was bandied about prior to the the playoffs is in effect for this year , where the Pens are no longer in the Atlantic division but in a central or northern division you may have a shot, if however that realignment talk was just talk ,then i think were all SOL and Detroit or Minnesota has the inside track if Parise is looking to escape from Newark, and hey who wouldn't .

It's not so much about "escaping Newark" - it's not like he lives there or has to do much more than be driven to the arena and back. It's New York City.

You think he wants to go to Minneapolis or Detroit?? :-)

@radoran

i've read i think on TSN and probably Eklund that Parise and Suter have spoken about signing someplace together ala Lebron James and Chris Bosh, and also that Parise may be interested in signing in Minnesota because it's his hometown.

Detroit has a pile of cap space and could fit both of those contracts even at their most bloated which i'm sure holland will not tolerate but they have the room, and it is close to Minnesota but not so close as to be a distraction with the family.

why wouldn't he want to play for detroit ? it's a great organization, and I happen to like Detroit and the whole mid-western US 1930's gothic architecture that cities like it and Cleveland have.

@radoran

i've read i think on TSN and probably Eklund that Parise and Suter have spoken about signing someplace together ala Lebron James and Chris Bosh, and also that Parise may be interested in signing in Minnesota because it's his hometown.

Detroit has a pile of cap space and could fit both of those contracts even at their most bloated which i'm sure holland will not tolerate but they have the room, and it is close to Minnesota but not so close as to be a distraction with the family.

why wouldn't he want to play for detroit ? it's a great organization, and I happen to like Detroit and the whole mid-western US 1930's gothic architecture that cities like it and Cleveland have.

Yeah, I missed the whole "hometown" thing :-)

Aside from that, ah's jus' hatin' on Detroit :ph34r:

HockeyCentral was just saying they think Ryan to Philly is almost a sure thing. And Coburn AND Voracek may be the players going back the other way. How does this make us better? It doesn't.

Sounds nuts to me. Why in the world would they trade Coburn? Coburn AND Jake for Ryan? Please no.

Sounds nuts to me. Why in the world would they trade Coburn? Coburn AND Jake for Ryan? Please no.

No way Coby goes the other way, especialy the way he and GrossmanN played last year(they will be the top D pair then next maybe Carle/Schenn)

...they got as far as they did without JVR and Mezz so that is why the will move Mezz instead maybe, but no way would i include Brayden in that swap...sorry.

Read,Mezz and a 1st...that is all, and that maybe overpaying at this point.

Unless they have plans to replace Carle and just go in another direction...

Edited by OccamsRazor

it is going to cost at the very least Matt Read or Harry Z and a 1st.

Either of those and it is a done deal. Why is everyone so high on Harry Z? Nice skater / energy and all that, but WTF?

Matt Read and a 1st and some underling prospect I could see.

But Harry Z and a 1st??

My offer would be Read, Harry Z, Bourdon, and a 1st for Ryan.

Why?? Ryans 6 more goals are going to matter that much?

Listen- a 4 for 1 trade has to be for a guy that is a future HOF'er in my opinion. Ryan is very good. He is 25 y/o and is a perinial 30 goal scorer. He will be a UFA in three years. Take Bourdon out and I would do the deal.

This could be a 2 year move if they are gambling on Weber hitting the FA market next year. With TImmo and Coburn off the books maybe you can add Weber and Ryan within 2 years and be a pretty solid force. I guess this is all provided your et Carle back reasonably. Then you have Carle/Weber Mesz/Schenn Grossmann/Bourdon or some other combinations. You guys decide, I'm just speculating.

This could be a 2 year move if they are gambling on Weber hitting the FA market next year. With TImmo and Coburn off the books maybe you can add Weber and Ryan within 2 years and be a pretty solid force. I guess this is all provided your et Carle back reasonably. Then you have Carle/Weber Mesz/Schenn Grossmann/Bourdon or some other combinations. You guys decide, I'm just speculating.

That's a huge risk since there's no way to know that Weber can be signed. He may stay with Nashville, if he becomes a UFA the Flyers may not get him. Trading away your best shut down d-man is insane, unless you are actually getting Weber back in the deal.

• Like 1

You can't sell short that Crosby and Parise are close friends. If you were given a competitive offer to play with your good buddy who also happens to be one of the best if not THE best player in the world would you take it? I would... Would Parise?? Guess we'll see.

@Polaris922

i think the godfather Lou Lamoreillo will break all of Zack's knees if he signed with a team in the Atlantic division. you'd be able to knock me over with a Carle point shot if he signs with Pittsburgh.

Keep thinking the good thoughts though.