Why The Fire Sale?

Guest radoran

@radoran Having Getzlaf underperform last year in fantasy hockey, lead me to investigate just why he was sucking.....ie, watching Ducks games. Hiller sucked to start the year, with the team playing little to no defense to help him out. Things got worse, Caryle basically "lost the room" and Boudreau was brought in to right the ship. The team responded, which held off the intial fire sale which was supposed to go down around Feb. After the team and Hiller started piling up wins, they decided to go with the team as is....ie no youth movement, no trading of assets thought to be long term investments. Somewhere between there and today, they have reached the conclusion they don't mesh well or simply (much like the Flyers) they have the wrong group of guys to take them to where they want to go.

Edited by jammer2

I understand "underperforming" and wanting a new direction - but where do they go?

If they back up a boatload of money to Sidney Crosby, can they lure him West? Are they going to take a run at Parise (going to "LA" from "NYC" makes more sense to me than going to Detroit or Minneapolis)?

$31M in cap space now - convince Selanne to come back at $3M or so and free up nearly $7M when Koivu and Selanne retire after next year.

Could be interesting.

Visnovsky for a 2nd, Ryan apparently on the table.

Ducks have six players signed past next season, with Ryan being one.

What's up in Anaheim?

Clearing space for a big signing or two.

Don't be shocked to see Ryan moved for picks . . .and then both Suter & Parise signing in Anaheim.

Calling my shot right here! :D

• 1 month later...

Clearing space for a big signing or two.

Don't be shocked to see Ryan moved for picks . . .and then both Suter & Parise signing in Anaheim.

Calling my shot right here! :D

Oops. :D

OK, maybe they are just clearing cap space to re-sign Getzlaf & Perry.