Free Agency predictions

Guest NastyNate

Free Agency Predictions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Flyers do this offseason?

• Make a big splash in free agency (Parise, Suter?)
    • Resign some key RFA's (Jagr, Carle) and stand pat
    • Make a blockbuster trade (Ryan, Weber?)
    • Make minor tweaks and adjustments (resign Carle, sign a mid-level FA?)

@hf101

Not much that interests me there. The situation with Pouliot in TB is interesting to say the least, sounds like they didn't qualify him to avoid arbitration but both sides are saying they will reach a deal. So I don't see him as a true FA, which is too bad. I like his size and skills, drafted 9th overall (albeit by MIN), he might just be a late bloomer who did really well with his ice time in BOS last year. They traded him for cap reasons.

Otherwise, I see that Steve Ott is rumoured to be on the block. I like him, always have. He's a guy that would be better to get at the deadline for a playoff run though.

• Like 1

@Podein25 I've always liked Steve Ott. Very good at what he does. Underrated for his offence also...did you know he scored 50 goals in his last season as a Spitfire? Anyways, I do think Steveie would be a marked man in the O&B..

Ott=Flyers=PIM....he might lead the league in an orange jersey, which would go a long way to nulify any good he might do.

Steve Ott. Very good at what he does. Underrated for his offence also...did you know he scored 50 goals in his last season as a Spitfire?

I did. He is a very versatile player and, I imagine, a pain in the butt to play against.

You might be right though re the PIMs, but I would expect him to settle into veteran mode and turn his nastiness down a bit as he gets older, especially if there are other, younger, people who do those things.

but I thought those scrappy agitators aren't allowed to exist on the Flyers. Anyone who even remotely fills that roll instantly has a target on his back and does more harm than good to the team.

I like scrappy agitators. I love the energy and intensity they bring to the game so I'm not advocating the Flyers stay away from those players, it just seems any time the Flyers get one, I hear the above sentence more time than not when people talk about them. Hopefully the Flyers can land a player of that type and he's actually able to play that kind of style without being neutered by the league, coaching staff or whatever.

I'm hoping for a Shane Doan signing for three years. He is a beast, a leader and a nice person as well. I met him when I worked in Phoenix, and he is a class act.

Doan does NOT want to leave PHX. If the team were to be relocated? Then he might leave.

Can't see them letting him walk. He IS the Coyotes.

A trade for Yandle? I'd be all over that.

@AndyS

Not wanting to leave is one thing...but if the current owners don't get their heads outta their asses..he is going to waltz into UFA territory in 4 days. Once he's out, there is no telling what could happen. Someone throws 4 years at $4-5mill/per year. He'll leave a dust cloud outta the desert!

@xganarchy I liked Valequette when he was with the Rangers. I'd be more than willing to give him a try out. Last I heard he went to the KHL, where it looked like he had decent stats playing for a bad team. Then last year he played for some team in Europe I never heard of and has ?????? as a stat line. Maybe fc can clear this up for us and give us a Steve update?? http://en.wikipedia....teve_Valiquette

i liked him as well, big body who always seemed to be a wall against the Flyers. AND he had his awesome Spidey mask haha