"Tagging Room and Cap Space" or "How $8.6M is really $4.25M"

Guest radoran

@radoran How much would this new league pay? How much could they charge fans? Would the championship carry any real weight? I can see wanting to stay in shape, but how much insurance would these guys have to pay to take part in such a league? Would the tremendous insurance levy be worth it? What if a said player sustains a career ending injury...or is injured when the real NHL starts up....does it negate their contract with the NHL team....I would think so. So many varibles here....endless really. But I do get your point, there is a viable NHL market just sitting there in Hamilton....and the Copps Colliseum seating 17,000 just sitting there....it is tough to imagine, but feaseable arena wise.

Obviously it's gotta make sense for the Russkies, but if they've got the extra capital it might make sense to make a splash and fire a shot across the bow in terms of what the "world's hockey league" is.