Homer giving up our future for Nash? Nooooooo,

Guest Samifan

According to Tim P

"What is holding up a deal is CBJ want top assets and Flyers wont agree to Schenn and Couturier. L Schenn deal last week a factor here"

Coots needs to be off limits IMHO, plus Nash is not going to keep the puck out of the net.

I really hope he is reporting BS

http://t.co/bE1eTXNx

Edited by Samifan

According to Tim P

"What is holding up a deal is CBJ want top assets and Flyers wont agree to Schenn and Couturier. L Schenn deal last week a factor here"

Coots needs to be off limits IMHO, plus Nash is not going to keep the puck out of the net.

I really hope he is reporting BS

http://t.co/bE1eTXNx

We'd have to give up one of the young guns & a #1 at minimum.

If you had to either give up Cooter or B. Schenn, whom would you choose?

No way they trade Schenn now.

Say good bye to Cooter.

(And I'd rather have Ryan instead of Nash too, but whatever.)

Cooter showed a ton last season and will only grow. Tough to evaluate Schenn because he was hurt so much. I agree they don't trade him after bringing big brother in. Homer needs to stay away from this and focus on the back end!

• Like 1

Cooter showed a ton last season and will only grow. Tough to evaluate Schenn because he was hurt so much. I agree they don't trade him after bringing big brother in. Homer needs to stay away from this and focus on the back end!

I wonder if they view Cooter as primarily a defensive center. If so,they just drafted another one with the #20 pick.

The ceiling is very high with Schenn & everyone knows it.

@AndyS I think they see Coot's long term offensive potential. A blind man could see that, that's why Columbus want's him so badly.

I also think Homer sees what Nash could do if he were on Giroux's wing.

If Hartnell can do what he did last year, imagine a finisher like Nash. Just saying.

If Nash & Giroux are healthy & playing on the same line, they probably both put up over 100 points.

Think about that.

I just hope Homer isn't bidding against himself in this deal. I doubt many teams are actually in the running for Nash.

@AndyS- I want to see a Stanley Cup as much as the next flyers fanatic but let's look at the issue this season. Piss poor goaltending and shoty D. Can't do much other than hope Bryzgalov rebounds next season. Giving away some long term assets for one guy with an almost 8 million cap hit and not addressing the D issue just baffles me. If Homer thinks our kids are expendable then package them for Weber or another top defensemen.

Edited by Samifan

@AndyS- I want to see a Stanley Cup as much as the next flyers fanatic but let's look at the issue this season. Piss poor goaltending and shoty D. Can't do much other than hope Bryzgalov rebounds next season. Giving away some long term assets for one guy with an almost 8 million cap hit and not addressing the D issue just baffles me. If Homer thinks our kids are expendable then package them for Weber or another top defensemen.

I know what you are saying, but I also know that Homer saw what our lack of size up front did for us against NJ (and what having it did FOR the Kings).

Maybe he has another trick up his sleeve to land us a d-man.

Edited by AndyS

That goddam GM in Columbus is trying to commit armed robbery,the team that ends up with Nash will be the one with the fool GM that meets the ridiculous asking price. For a guy with 7.8 mil cap hit. Trading Schenn before we get a chance to see him for a full season would be dumb, trading Coots would be unforgivable. UNF*CKINGFORGIVABLE!

CUT IT OUT HOMER!

• Like 1

I know what you are saying, but I also know that Homer saw what our lack of size up front did for us against NJ (and what having it did FOR the Kings).

Maybe he has another trick up his sleeve to land us a d-man.

Isn't it funny that when Homer talked about trading Richards and Carter last summer he said that the main reason was to get bigger up front.

Everybody back away from the ledge! Trust homer to do what he thinks is best for the organization.

Oh I trust him to do what he THINKS is best for the team. That's not the same as trusting him to do what IS best for the team.

It seems like half the fans more and more of the GMs in the league are becoming shopaholics. Every big name free agent that hits the market sparks another frenzy of "I gotta have one," whether or not he really fits a need or a system. It's the way of the world now, I guess, but I miss the old days when you won championships by building chemistry and developing talent, not buying it.

• Like 1

That goddam GM in Columbus is trying to commit armed robbery,the team that ends up with Nash will be the one with the fool GM that meets the ridiculous asking price. For a guy with 7.8 mil cap hit. Trading Schenn before we get a chance to see him for a full season would be dumb, trading Coots would be unforgivable. UNF*CKINGFORGIVABLE!

CUT IT OUT HOMER!

Forget Howson. He's a schmuck. Let him keep Nash and pay him the rest of that contract. Its not exactly like people are beating down the door to add him.

• Like 1

agree, if we have to give up any of the youngins it has to be for weber we have plenty of scoring D is what we need D D and More D did I say we need D

If Homer trades Couturier, he should be fired right at the spot. And that's just Couturier. Sounds like Columbus wants another roster playere in return?

Com'n Homer, you can't be *that* clueless to buy that load of BS.

What I don't understand is why he is even looking at someone like Nash? With Carle gone (not that I am overly upset), we are back to where we were in the D department. Luke Schenn is not an offenseive defenseman. Who is going to distribute the puck and start the attack out of the zone? A 70-year old Timonen? Homer should be looking at Keith Yandle and possibly adding a free agent second-tier forward. Why is he even talking to Columbus and Anaheim about forwards? He knows that's not the team's first priority. And he also knows neither Bobby Ryan nor Nash is going to come here for picks and prospects. This is frustrating. What is wrong with this guy?

Giving up our future is the "flyers way" ;) sorry for whining but it's happend before many many times.

Well, To high price for Nash.

I would feel ok to give up Schenn + pick for Nash but not Cooter. Im a big fan of him and that dude wil grow and become really good.