F this. Go with kubina

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

If he was hurt which severely affected his play down the stretch and into the playoffs I say sign him back. Maybe 2.5 a year? Still gives us 11 mil in space to round out our roster . Dont scream at me. Lol. Only if he was indeed injured would I give him a pass

If he was hurt which severely affected his play down the stretch and into the playoffs I say sign him back. Maybe 2.5 a year? Still gives us 11 mil in space to round out our roster . Dont scream at me. Lol. Only if he was indeed injured would I give him a pass

I thought they benched him in the playoffs when he was healthy. What a wasted trade. I would be nervous to have him out there full time. I think he would be more of a give-away machine then Carle.

Kubina is a thing of the past... And I really hope the Flyers look at it this way. Healthy or not, there was nothing I saw in him that I liked.

If the Flyers are so thin on the D that they have no choice but to put Kubina in the lineup.... boy....... they are even in a worse shape than I thought.

Kubina might have been "healthy" going into the home stretch by Flyers standards but judging from his skating ability before the playoffs and during the playoffs, he was not healthy. He is a stay at home shot blocking d-man, which on this team with Bryz in goal is a must. He also has a booming right hand shot which we never really got a chance to see while he was here. Signing him for 1 year at 1.5 to 2. mil would make sense if he is healthy. I like him better than Lilja even though Lilja is less than a mil per.

Caveat>>> I would like(insert name here)___________ playing instead of Lilja........

I agree Jammer, at least bring him back for a look for training camp, he was hurt which was obvious to me so i'd bring him back to get him in shape for the season...plus another physical right hand shot is always welcome....

@OccamsRazor I think Bourdon's shot is vastly underrated also...want to see more of that, seemed hard and accurate when I saw it!

He can shoot it and as I recall that has always been the book on him. The only knock on him has been that his skating is mediocre but his positional play has improved so much that it earned him some time with the big club. Assuming Carle is resigned (I sure hope they sign him, even if it is for over $5MM) I see Bourdon as #7 and Lilja being waived. His ceiling is probably as a 4 1/2-5 defenseman who plays some on the second power play unit. If his defensive reads and decision making with the puck progress this season, he's really on his way to being a regular NHL'er, even if not in Philly.

At what point do the Flyers stop signing vets and let young guys try/develop in the NHL?

I think with MAB it's obviously time. I would not relegate him to automatic 7th-man status - he seems to me to be ready for regular NHL ice time. How the hell is the kid supposed to get better at defending the Lucic types, the Staals, etc. You don't find those big power forwards in the A...MAB needs NHL time and my bet is he rises to the challenge.

@terp Yeah, skating is the one big draw back on MAB. It's a big drawback to have, but I think he overcomes it with sound positional play. He's one guy I can see making huge strides next year. Fav young Flyer defensemen...over under on concussions he doles out next year....5.

plus you can teach better skating - you can learn to position yourself better (smarter) so your foot speed is less of an issue. Hell Pronger made a HOF career out of it.

Naturally I'm not comparing the 2, just saying it can be done. The guy has a great shot AND he's a good passer. He's not dumb, he's not horribly slow like a 36-year old Kubina is. We could do a lot worse than putting MAB out there for regular shifts.