UFA Day Frenzy

Guest brelic

4.5 for 2 years is good value for the Stars, smart signing!

I'm seeing a 9mm total contract / 2 years for Whitney. 4.5 per year seems like a ton for a 40 year old. That said, his production *was* pretty rediculous last season.

Edited by bernardmarcel1

wow that's about twice what I thought he'd get from any club. I understand he's a helluva player and he's got a Cup win on his resumé...but jeez...$4.5 per season? 40 years old...

then again it's only 1 year after he put up almost 80 points for Phoenix...Dallas has the cap room so why not?

Well, I have a distinct feeling Homer is going to seat pat and do absolutely nothing........ And then at the tail end of it, he will probably sign some no-names who nobody ever heard of..... just so he couldn't be accused of being passive.

Well, I have a distinct feeling Homer is going to seat pat and do absolutely nothing........ And then at the tail end of it, he will probably sign some no-names who nobody ever heard of..... just so he couldn't be accused of being passive.

Well if the beat writers are to be believed at all, Homer's at least kicking the tires on Suter, Parise, etc. FWIW, of course...

Edited by bernardmarcel1

NHL Network reporting Shane Doan will wait til July 9th to decide on FA, per ownership situation being settled in PHX...

Might miss the boat by waiting so long, thou I understand why he would want to wait.

Really, the going market value for 70+ pts is well over 6 mill, PA Parenteau got under 70 and I believe he'll rake in 6 mill a year (depending on length). So....despite the age, the Stars made out like bandits. One thing, Ray's game is built on skating, he'll always have that, but has more talent to work with in Dallas ie Benn and Erickson are better than anyone on Phoenix...including Doan.

@brelic RE: Carkner Don't see the need here, the Isles have Matt Martin to knock heads. He will play half the games and become a redundnt waste of cap money. He will however, force us to ice a tougher line-up when playing the Isles.

Really, the going market value for 70+ pts is well over 6 mill, PA Parenteau got under 70 and I believe he'll rake in 6 mill a year (depending on length). So....despite the age, the Stars made out like bandits. One thing, Ray's game is built on skating, he'll always have that, but has more talent to work with in Dallas ie Benn and Erickson are better than anyone on Phoenix...including Doan.

Well, I thought he discovered a pretty amazing chemistry with Vrbata. But ouch...... Dallas has overpaid if you ask me. The last season was anamoly for Whitney. No way he will repeat those stats in the new environment.

Might miss the boat by waiting so long, thou I understand why he would want to wait.

Doan's desire is clearly to finish his career in Phoenix. He could be taking in somewhat of a king's ransome today if he wanted to go the money route.

Gotta respect the old school loyalty to the organ-I-zation like that in this day & age.

@Mad Dog Here is a random Western Conference pondering....who the hell is going to score for the Yotes with Whitney and Doan gone?? Verbata and Boddeker....ha ha....and who will want to sign there? I agree, Verbata is a decent player, but alone on an island.....he has no one left to play with. Kyle Turris would look pretty good on this roster about now..lol.

That deserves a Col Klink "Verrrrry Innnteresssstin-k...."

Think he'll re-sign here for less??

That would kind of be awesome.

Hard to say. If the Flyers re-sign him, I think it will be for the same as last year.