UFA Day Frenzy

Guest brelic

Scored more points then Crosby in the Q Cooter did, say what you want thats damn good. We have not yet seen the tip of the tip of the iceberg of Coots offensive potential is yet. He defense will only get better also, I see him being a Datsyuk type player, or even better, the best two-way forward year in and year out.

Scored more points then Crosby in the Q Cooter did, say what you want thats damn good. We have not yet seen the tip of the tip of the iceberg of Coots offensive potential is yet. He defense will only get better also, I see him being a Datsyuk type player, or even better, the best two-way forward year in and year out.

A few months ago I also drew a parralel to Datsyuk. Obviously, those are very high standards to measure up to, and while he may never be *that* good, he will become an unbelievable two-way player. No way I am trading him for Bobby Ryan even straight up, let alone add some otehr assets to that deal. B. Schenn for Booby Ryan - maybe. But not Couturier.

Flyers would be smart to just resign our own guys and avoid these moronic long term monster $$$ deals that have been handed out like ****** free candy. This will bite those teams in the ass eventually. Homer should just lay low in the tall grass and build the team up through the draft and make a few under the radar moves here and there. If you can make a steal trade do it but do not give up alot but take alot in the process.

Now you're talking. I think I'd rather see another Max Talbot-type signing or two before one of these overpriced "saviors" that tie up so much cap space that you can't afford to have solid talent throughout the line-up.

• Like 1

Now you're talking. I think I'd rather see another Max Talbot-type signing or two before one of these overpriced "saviors" that tie up so much cap space that you can't afford to have solid talent throughout the line-up.

The problem for the Flyers this year is not tying up cap space with big free agents. I mean, sure, you don't want to see that, but that's life. The reality is, if the Flyers don't improve their roster through the free agency, they are not in a good position to imrpove it through any other means. They gave up their biggest trading chips in Bob and JVR for virtually nothing. That was one of the dumbest and irresponsible things Homer could do. So now, they just don't have many trading chips left to upgrade their roster. You see yourself what teams are asking for: Schenn and Couturier. The FLyers ar enot trading those (I hope). Yet, they have some significant voids to fill.

I have been one of the critics of the Flyers going for a big splash and signing players to huge contracts. But this year, If they have any hope of upgrading their roster, they have no choice. Or they will have hard time even making the playoffs next year with that good-for-nothing clown in net that we have.

Edited by Mad Dog

McKenzie andDreger saying the Flyers were the most financially aggressive today, offering Suter and Parise EACH over $100M.

Mike Manayunk says the offer was $90+M.

Either way, it's absurd!

And amazingly enough, neither will sign with the Flyers.

@Mad Dog I trust Bob, if he says we are in the thick of things...chances are he's right. Short list huh, very interesting. Praise and G would be a forechecking NIGHTMARE for opposing d-men...might as well just give us the puck. This is the kinda mismatch you really love to create.

As funny as it may sound to some, I'd have to agree with this. I think Couts has way more natural hockey sense than Ryan. Sure, Ryan's nice and all, but I think Couts' potential is far better. If I was a Flyers fan I'd be p*ssed if a deal like that went down even-up. Or even worse, Couts+

those who find it funny haven't watched Couturier play. i don't care how good ryan is, he's at his ceiling we haven't begun to reach Sean's,

the only reason that kid was around at the 8th pick was he had mono. If he has a typical couts year in the Q he's pick 1a if not 1 with the Nuge. for a gm to trade away that kind of good fortune would be asinine.

So what happens if we go from potentially Parise and Suter to neither and no Carle. Who do we sign then? That is a huge different mindset from what the Flyers are thinking with Parise and Suter, to what could actually happen.

Well, that's a concern, if you ask me. Other than Doan, of the players who are still unsigned, I am not sure who can actually be worth adding to the roster. I like Garrison and Paranteau and both are gone. And after that, there is nobody who will make a huge difference. This year's pool of UFAs was very weak.

Edited by Mad Dog

@Mad Dog I want Caralo Colavachio, injury prone but has some offensive upside, mean nasty guy for his size also, part of the reason he gets hurt so often his how he plays with a hard edge. Would be a nice fit on the #2 pp also.

• Like 1

Bob MacKenzie saying Carle will not sign anywhere until Suter signs.

https://twitter.com/#!/tsnbobmckenzie

WTF. I need to stop paying attention to this and check back in when everyone has signed, its just pissing me off. It's a crap UFA class for the most part, and greedy half talent f*cks are squeezing every last penny like they're blue chip players? Only in a crap year could Matt freakin Carle be the 2nd best D available, and he's gotta hold out for Suter to sign? F u Matt