Just Say No to Parise and Suter

Guest canoli

Where is the guarantee that Shea Weber will want to sign here? As we can see, those guys who know they are worth something, have a tendency to pick and choose.

never said there was a guarantee. but 2 100gazillion 12year offers on the table for 2 really good but not UBER great players is stupid. my point save the money and cap space and bowl weber over. pittsburgh is going all in this year next year there capped out. its called planning ahead son

In my opinion sighing Parise and/or Suter will weakened our roster more than not sign them. Next year free agency will have much more superior talent. Sign them to long term big $ contracts and this will make us only spectators next year. They are good players but not that good. They are right to take maximum, but let them go elsewhere.

Also i never liked Suter.

Go for next best thing - once those primadonnas make they mind, 28 teams will go for what is left. So get someone else while they are cheap.

Damn @irishjim - just beat me :D, but great minds think alike i guest :P

Edited by krasy

Yes I agree too much for these guys.Homer what is Plan B! You screwed up by trading Bob and JVR for nothing! SCHENN ?????????? Now also you have gotten rid of scoring too! Briere is getting old! So Homer how are you going to replace the O and restack D? I would of let all the kids played cause that Jagr gave life to this team last year. Now those kids that are still here have to play above their heads again. Sign Carle and another D also another face-off guy move Couts up. Also please some toughness cause other team have loaded up and ZAC and SHELLEY not the answer

Yes I agree too much for these guys.Homer what is Plan B! You screwed up by trading Bob and JVR for nothing! SCHENN ?????????? Now also you have gotten rid of scoring too! Briere is getting old! So Homer how are you going to replace the O and restack D? I would of let all the kids played cause that Jagr gave life to this team last year. Now those kids that are still here have to play above their heads again. Sign Carle and another D also another face-off guy move Couts up. Also please some toughness cause other team have loaded up and ZAC and SHELLEY not the answer

Yeah we have a lot of money tied up in some older guys...Briere, Timmonen and Pronger. That would free up a lot of money if those guys are done in another year or so.

@TimKerrFan12

timmonen's contract is up next year, that's some money towards a good player and who's the good player available next year... shea webber, born to wear the orange and black, destroyer of zetterberg, future maimer of crosby; he of the 100+mph righthanded shot....think about that righthanded shot. he is the player you go to salary cap hell for , not the rich man's matt carle, who isn't really a total upgrade but is more expensive. kind of like chosing the bmw 5series over the audi a6. Weber is the Bentley.

@TimKerrFan12

timmonen's contract is up next year, that's some money towards a good player and who's the good player available next year... shea webber, born to wear the orange and black, destroyer of zetterberg, future maimer of crosby; he of the 100+mph righthanded shot....think about that righthanded shot. he is the player you go to salary cap hell for , not the rich man's matt carle, who isn't really a total upgrade but is more expensive. kind of like chosing the bmw 5series over the audi a6. Weber is the Bentley.

OK, OK... This is all true and we can start rolling out a red carpet to Weber even now........ it's never too early. But let's keep our expectations in check for the sake of our collective mental health. Even if we have all the cap in the world to sign FIVE Shea Webers, it's not guaranteed they will come here. And I hope Homer is smart enough to always have a different option in case the player he tragets chooses to go someplace else.

@TimKerrFan12

Yes I agree. Weber would be amazing. Would u be for getting Parise and resigning Carle for a year, or passing on both Parise and Suter. Suter was quoted as saying there is no timetable for him signing with someone, but we all know he is waiting on Parise. This is driving me nuts waiting for the Parise domino to fall so everyone else get on with their signings.

@TimKerrFan12

no to parise for 12 years, i would love to see him with giroux and hartnell or Voras but , he's pretty expensive and there are guys available next year that i like better, getzlaf, perry, who knows what the Mgmt is doing in anaheim but it doesn't seem to me like they're hell bent on winning now those guys might be had.

so long as suter doesn't sign with the gd penguins i'm good.

Haha

are you pinwheel fan ?

i'm an audi and cadillac guy. but i drive a mazda so it;s all speculative to me :D

Haha '12 Audi S4 here. Chose it over the entire 3-series including the M3. Love it.

• Like 1

Giroux's next contract....actually give Giroux a raise now.

Sadly you can not renegotiate contracts in the NHL and with the CBA unkown, you would want to wait before signing Giroux to an extension (of which not a dime he will see until his current contract is up).

Question guys, who does everyone think the Ducks will commit fan base suicide and let Getzlaf AND Perry go for no return next season. Even if they have NMC's or NTC's (which they don't btw, just looked it up), you would think a trade gets done before they lose their two best players for NOTHING. I get Getzlaf did not light the world on fire, but teams like Toronto would still kill to trade for his services. I just don't see this happening.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/notrades.html

Question guys, who does everyone think the Ducks will commit fan base suicide and let Getzlaf AND Perry go for no return next season. Even if they have NMC's or NTC's (which they don't btw, just looked it up), you would think a trade gets done before they lose their two best players for NOTHING. I get Getzlaf did not light the world on fire, but teams like Toronto would still kill to trade for his services. I just don't see this happening.

http://www.thefourth...e/notrades.html

No chance of that happening.

Which is why they might be looking to unload salary right now (i.e. Bobby Ryan). Getzlaf & Perry (along with Selanne & Hiller) ARE the Ducks.

This is pure insenity. The Wings are acting out of desperation as they have holes to fill........ I get that but sheeeeeesh. 13 years @$90 mil?

Yeah....I was drinking the Suter Kool-aid earlier, but now I have come to my senses. I don't think this guy has done anything in his career that warrants that type of money. Sign Carle....I am really starting to appreciate him. :D

right now all I can think of is Pronger and Bryzgalov. Briere I guess - he was a "Big FA" signing that worked out well - all in all. But he's been the exception.

I agree with your whole message and thought the same and was gong to post it as well (ie. take the offers off the table and tell them both to eff of).

Timmonen and Hartnell were both UFA's via the Forsberg trade- in a long route. Just saying.