69 Points

Guest activestick

My choice would be Ryan. But, it depends what it costs to get him.

You *know* what the cost would be: Schenn or Couturier for sure (or both) and probably somebody else (either a 1st round pick or a prospect).

I wouldn't pay that for even Carey Price.

At this point, if I am Paul Holmgren, I am making it known to all the teams I am negotiating with that Couturier is off limits, so both teams just don't waste each other's time. Schenn is probably OK to be included as part of the deal, but a lot depends on who else they want. The last I heard Anaheim wanted Schenn, Voracek and the 1st. I mean......... really? Is Bobby Ryan worth that much?

I think Schenn ends up as good as Ryan, if not better. Why not keep him, Voracek and the 1st and see how all 3 develop? I for one am sick of chasing these type of players...lets develop our own. We're loaded with young forwards. If we're going to trade some of them it better be for a defenceman...or a goalie. A real goalie.

The other thing to consider about Parise is that he's 27 (and will be 28 in a few weeks). For most players, that is their prime. That means, that you can probably expect his best years to be the next 2 or 3, then a decade-long decline strapping your team with an $8m cap.

Parise is good, but he's not worth $8m/year to the Flyers (though they seem to think so), and he's not worth locking up for 12 years.

He's just the lucky recipient of crazy offers in a shallow UFA pool that basically has him as the best available forward.

Hopefully he picks somewhere else, and our offers will have served to drive up the cost ;)

100+ Mil for 69 points?????? Parise is a nice player and everything, but this is lunacy.

This is shear insanity. Agreed.

Wait until the CBA negociations begin. I really don't see this turning out well. There is just so much greed and the agents are over the top. Who is kidding who, face it, lots of good is happening with hockey and the NHL, but it is still a 3rd tier sport in the USA. Add more Canadian teams and the revenue picture starts to change but not substantially. The CBA could be the really big story of the year.

How'd you like to sign Parise or Sutter and get 1/2 season out of them?

If we're going to trade some of them it better be for a defenceman...or a goalie. A real goalie.

Not that I don't agree with you, but before we trade for a real goalie, what are we supposed to do with that not-so-real goalie that we have? We really seem to be stuck with him.

Not that I don't agree with you, but before we trade for a real goalie, what are we supposed to do with that not-so-real goalie that we have? We really seem to be stuck with him.

if he can't take a little competition, what good is he?

I'd say that this is the best possible time to try to acquire Bernier from the Kings. They just extended Quick for 10 years.

Bernier could be our franchise goalie of the future. (I was saying the exact same thing about Quick 2 or 3 years ago on the Philly.com Flyers forum.)

if he can't take a little competition, what good is he?

I'd say that this is the best possible time to try to acquire Bernier from the Kings. They just extended Quick for 10 years.

Bernier could be our franchise goalie of the future. (I was saying the exact same thing about Quick 2 or 3 years ago on the Philly.com Flyers forum.)

I don't have any problems with Bernier, but we already added Leighton. It really seems to me like this is the direction the Flyers are going with regard to a goalie situation.

I don't have any problems with Bernier, but we already added Leighton. It really seems to me like this is the direction the Flyers are going with regard to a goalie situation.

I would not let Leighton hold that deal up, would you?

Heck, we could include him in the deal. LA would need a back-up to replace Bernier. He would probably do well in LA's defensive-minded system.

LA may want to move Bernier soon......... if not for them just to help the guy out. Clearly Quick isn't going anywhere and he is their MVP. I hope they do the right thing and let Bernier have a career somewhere else.

• Like 1

LA may want to move Bernier soon......... if not for them just to help the guy out. Clearly Quick isn't going anywhere and he is their MVP. I hope they do the right thing and let Bernier have a career somewhere else.

And that somewhere else is in Philly.

The kid is going to be a stud. That would be a nice thing for the Flyers to have in net for a change.

100+ Mil for 69 points?????? Parise is a nice player and everything, but this is lunacy.

ridamndiculous is what it is. Parise is not worth that kind of salary cap crippling contract. i agree 100%

but...

there is no way i trade any of our jewels for bobby ryan either.

schenn or couturier and a first for a 30 goal scorer ? pfft no ******** way! both those guys will be better than him shortly... Bobby didn't have to sign the extension if he was undelighted by playing in anaheim, maybe i consider schenn for ryan straight up but i'm not sending them a first rounder too i'll just watch schenn be better than mike richards here in a year.

And that somewhere else is in Philly.

The kid is going to be a stud. That would be a nice thing for the Flyers to have in net for a change.

Bernier would be awesome here, but we traded Bob away because we have a 9-year circus in goal, so Bernier would be second-fiddle here too.