2012 Phillies of the NHL?

Guest OzFlyer

I doubt if we will be getting Parise or Suter this off season and with the loss of JVR, Jagr and Carle do you really think our Phantom Scrubs are going to replace them??

Did you watch the last game of the finals against N?J? (It took me a few weeks) Lots of kids running around is what i saw.

Are you willing to have a season like the Phillies in order to have the slim hope of landing Shea Weber??

If Suter is going o get $8 mil how much would you pay for Weber???

I doubt if we will be getting Parise or Suter this off season and with the loss of JVR, Jagr and Carle do you really think our Phantom Scrubs are going to replace them??

Did you watch the last game of the finals against N?J? (It took me a few weeks) Lots of kids running around is what i saw.

Are you willing to have a season like the Phillies in order to have the slim hope of landing Shea Weber??

If Suter is going o get $8 mil how much would you pay for Weber???

I doubt we get Suter and or Parise but when the dust settles, we do resign Carle. Maybe at a higher number than we like but such is life when it's an offseason where supply does not equal demand. I'd reather have Carle and $1,000,000 more than expected than no Carle at all.

@OzFlyer

Who is offerring Suter 8m? The Flyers and Detroits offers are both 7m, with Detroits being a year longer (12y v 13 y). The part we don't know is how much SALARY is front loaded. I doubt either team cares all that much about that (well, perhaps the Flyers since Breezy will get half of his salary in his first 3 years). Valuation aside, both teams have very deep pockets.

I always think it is funny how people bash Philly. Have you ever been to Detroit?? It is no paradise, bitter cold in the winter, etc. What they have is a great hockey organization. The Flyers have a great hockey organization as well. Nashville has a great hockey organization too.

For players that have families, the locale is equally as important as the quality of the organization.

Suter is not going to get 8m. He will get 6.5 - 7m depending on what he considers important.

The thing with Weber is not only how much are you going to pay, but how much are you going to decimate your team (prospects included). I keep reading how everyone thinks they can throw money at Weber next year. I do not get that. He is a RFA NOW. If anyone thinks that Nashville is either not going to sign him mid to long term now or jettison him NOW, they are foolish. Poile WILL NOT sign him to a one year deal to leave him as a UFA next year.

@ "Parise and Suter are good players,not superstar players."

I dunno, when a guy puts up 94 pts, your pretty close to being a superstar. He did it 3 years ago, not consistant with it obviously, but the Devils do play a defense first system, which tends to stifle the offensive stats. Zach is a star in my books.

Would you believe 7.5 and 13 years? So how much does Weber get now? $8.5?

There are two scenarios for Weber:

1) Be the man in Nashville and let the brinks truck back up to his house

2) Say FU, I want to play else where and get a ton of stuff back for trading me

My opinion is #1. Nashville has some really good young d-men (ie. Suter is somewhat replaceable).

THIS summer is the summer for Weber. He will not sign a 1 year contract again. The Flyers have no more chips to play. As much as I like Weber, he is one player and I am not giving Voracek, Couturier / Schenn 1st round picks to get him.

If he was THAT great, Nashville would have gone further in the playoffs. He is only ONE player.

It will be fun to laugh at Minny this year.

I don't see how the Flyers compare to the 2012 Phillies at all. The Flyers are a young upstart team. They are more comparable to the 06/07 Phillies if anything. The Phillies are an older broken down team. The loss of JVR and Jagr is overblown IMO. JVR was out most of their year and our offense didn't miss a beat. Jagr got off to a nice start but then hit a wall midseason and his production went down. I think with more ice time and more prominent roles, guys like Schenn and Courterier can increase their offensive output to make up for those losses.

I don't see how the Flyers compare to the 2012 Phillies at all. The Flyers are a young upstart team. They are more comparable to the 06/07 Phillies if anything. The Phillies are an older broken down team. The loss of JVR and Jagr is overblown IMO. JVR was out most of their year and our offense didn't miss a beat. Jagr got off to a nice start but then hit a wall midseason and his production went down. I think with more ice time and more prominent roles, guys like Schenn and Courterier can increase their offensive output to make up for those losses.

Agreed on Schenn and Couturier.