Ok Whats Plan B

Guest intheslot

@intheslot

Doan isn't signed. Carle isn't signed. Weber is a RFA. Ryan is an option.

I would like to see Ryan or Doan in Philly and sign Carle if you can get him a the right price. My first preference would be to sign Weber to an offer sheet. It would have to be pretty obscene though.

@intheslot

Doan isn't signed. Carle isn't signed. Weber is a RFA. Ryan is an option.

I would like to see Ryan or Doan in Philly and sign Carle if you can get him a the right price. My first preference would be to sign Weber to an offer sheet. It would have to be pretty obscene though.

I'd prefer Doan to Ryan only because I think Ryan will cost either Courturier or B. Schenn (having to initital which Schenn is becoming annoying). If we can get Ryan without giving up either one of them, I'm alkl for it. I just think the price will be too steep.

Then again, I think Doan stays in the desert.

I've been saying for several days, that I think Carle gets $5.5-6 from the Flyers for 4-6 years. He is their plan B....everyone I've heard/read says he loves Philly and would like to stay. Homer always overpays...so it makes sense all the way around.

I'm not getting into the debate about whether he is worth it or not, but he will get that.

• Like 1

I think Carle gets $5.5-6 from the Flyers for 4-6 years...Homer always overpay

The market apparently disagrees with you my rum-soaked friend. It says Carle could get north of $6M. Whereas Homer will get him close to $5M.

Edited by Podein25

I hope the Flyers get him for $5 million...given the prices I've been hearing, I think that's a steal, in this market. IMO, they are going to have to get "close" to what the market is offering to make it worth his while to stay...if they are $1.5/year under market offers, I think he's gone.

If Suter ever decides to **** and get off the can, we may have an answer!

As of right now no nither have signed,Think there both a waste of time, Rayn we have to pay to much for as players ,Doan would be a nice signing nothing given up, Weber would be to much also as far as draft picks and then the money. If I was carle after all this I would soak Homer for everything I could get ....no discount not that he's worth it..

I've been saying for several days, that I think Carle gets $5.5-6 from the Flyers for 4-6 years. He is their plan B....everyone I've heard/read says he loves Philly and would like to stay. Homer always overpays...so it makes sense all the way around.

I'm not getting into the debate about whether he is worth it or not, but he will get that.

why then would homer offer suter an obscene amount of money, isn't he in effect bidding against himself ? driving Carle's price up too ?

I wonder again who's running things up in that comcast tower, I think Holmgren gets enormous pressure from Snider to "fix it" ! often times when things aren't broken.

"paul you get me that cup , paul... you're my #1 guy "...

why then would homer offer suter an obscene amount of money, isn't he in effect bidding against himself ? driving Carle's price up too ?

i was wondering the same thing and i was thinking (purely theorizing, of course) that if Homer drives up Suter's price, he also in effect drives Carle's price out of range, which then lets him let Carle go saying, "well we wanted him but he wanted too much money. it's not our fault we couldn't keep him." which then leaves more $$$ and the door open to go all or nothing for Weber next year with Timmo off the books on that contract. just a wild guess.

• Like 2

Homer and Carle had a verbal agreement on a deal, price and term (within a range) if the Flyers failed to land Suter. Which they almost certainly have.

My prediction: $25-30M for 5-6 years. Carle will still be a Flyer come tomorrow. Let the wailing begin.

And also keep our young players and try to move contracts next summer or at deadline we don't want and try to free space up. Kimmo and harts come off and would love to move briere as well so we can add one if not both of the ducks ufa's

Homer and Carle had a verbal agreement on a deal, price and term (within a range) if the Flyers failed to land Suter. Which they almost certainly have.

My prediction: $25-30M for 5-6 years. Carle will still be a Flyer come tomorrow. Let the wailing begin.

i hope you're right podein , i am hoping that with the new contract carle doesn't feel pressure to perform and starts really gripping his stick tight or the suffering will be legendary even in hell, on this board.

@Phillygrump Well, if we are to believe the latest cash offer coming out of Detroit, the OUTRAGEOUS 13 year deal for 110 mill+ (LMAO)....what would Weber be worth on the open market next year...the cap max of 14 mill for 20 seasons?? If we ever want to get Weber on this team, the offer must go in NOW and it must be off the chart substantial.

Myself, I'd walk away from the whole scenario. After all, the Preds had *both* Weber and Suter, argueably a top 3 goalie in the world and still couldn't get the job done. Who are we to think we can do it with Weber and Bryz of all people? I know, we can score, but as we found out, it's all about tight checking, few mistakes on defense and stellar goaltending.....ESPECIALLY in the East.

@doom88 Exactly Doomster, the only way to get Weber now is an offer sheet, he reaches UFA and we can't afford him. Who cares if we piss off Poile, he doesen't have any other players we want anyways, what's he gonna do, poach are RFA's...LOL doubt it!

• Like 1

Why not offer sheet Weber at Detroits offer for Suter? Can Nashville match that money?

I would think that since Suter got away from Nashville, they wouldn't let Weber get away as well. I don't think money is an issue with them.

I hope you're right sheep-boy. At least I think I do. If what people are saying is true, that Suter got 13 years at 7.5 per, wow. No way will the Flyers give Carle anything close to that, no matter what the statistics say. And it sounds like Detroit made a similar offer to Suter, will they now go after Carle? It's going to be very interesting to see what Carle gets.

I agree that you don't want to offer sheet Weber. You either hope he makes it to UFA next year, or you trade for his rights and then lock him up. Right now he holds the cards as far as where he gets to play after this year. If you sign him to an offer sheet and Nashville matches, he'll be there forever. I'm not sure we have the pieces to trade for his rights, though. Not if we want to hold onto all the young guys.

And it sounds like Detroit made a similar offer to Suter, will they now go after Carle? It's going to be very interesting to see what Carle gets.

It seems almost certain DET will go after Carle. I guess it depends on the quality, integrity and nature of the handshake deal that Carle had with Homer. I still say Carle is a Flyer when we wake up tomorrow.

For 4 1st rounders they might let him walk.

Trade em it's not like the Flyers can actually FIND a corner stone Dman even with all those picks...

...hell i believe even with 4 first overall picks in four consecutive years in the draft they would still EFF it up and take four centers in a row because thats "how they had them rated on their board!!!!!" :D