Ok Whats Plan B

Guest intheslot

Rusty Fedotenko is still out there. Nice pickup for cheap IMO.

Also, too, Jim Vandemeer. Randy Jones?

Just, you know, trying to think like the braintrust.

Kinda serious about Rusty, though...

Rusty Fedotenko is still out there. Nice pickup for cheap IMO.

Also, too, Jim Vandemeer. Randy Jones?

Just, you know, trying to think like the braintrust.

Kinda serious about Rusty, though...

I would be OK with Rusty to fill a 3rd line spot, I suppose. I can't see where else he woudl fit.

Vandermeer and Jones......... not so much.

For the next year, we may be. But again, look at the positives too. And there are many of those.

The Flyers will use the next year to develop Couturier and Schenn brothers to the maximum. The situation with our defense may actually be blessing in disguise also as it will give a chance to Bourdon and Gus to really show their worth and start assuming a larger role on the team. And finally, after this season, we will get a much clearer picture as to what we can *really* expect from Bryz.

And after the next season, barring any significant salaries the Flyers add during the season, they will have tons of cap space to improve the roster *much* better than what they would be able to do this summer.

So as frustarting as the next season can - and probably will - be, it has multiple benefits also.

Is that what some Flyers fans have been wanting the last couple years, to draft players and let them develop. Who knows how next season is going to turn out but hopefully the coaching staff will play Schenn, Couturier, Read, Bourdon and Voracek a lot and let them develop.

Is it possible that Plan B involves Bryzgalov being fitted for a sumo suit? Between that AND Garth Snow's pads his save percentage should increase....maybe even break .900? :huh:

Caveat.....On the few games that Leighton plays, he borrows the suit and pads..........

So is this it everyone....no Doan...or anyone else....this is our team? So we have all agreed the Homer will not be making any other moves. I would like to see players added for free. No trade please for Nash or Ryan. Like u guys said. Keep our young guys, develop them. I still think we have a pretty good team, and I think the will still be fun to watch.

The bottom of the barrel is now! As demoed by Homer's recent catches,he's saying the same thing about these guys he said when he got Carcillo.

I would actually appreciate having Carcillo right about now. I be more excited for him then I am for Fedotenko and Gervais.

Is it possible that Plan B involves Bryzgalov being fitted for a sumo suit? Between that AND Garth Snow's pads his save percentage should increase....maybe even break .900? :huh:

Is funny 'cause Bryz's save % last year was .909, has never been below .906 for a season and his career mark is .915

So is this it everyone....no Doan...or anyone else....this is our team? So we have all agreed the Homer will not be making any other moves. I would like to see players added for free. No trade please for Nash or Ryan. Like u guys said. Keep our young guys, develop them. I still think we have a pretty good team, and I think the will still be fun to watch.

Given that Doan isn't making a decision until July 9, it's a bit early to be saying "this is the end" (although I fund it unlikely Doan is coming).

I like the team as it is and wouldn't mind adding without subtracting.

• Like 1

Given that Doan isn't making a decision until July 9, it's a bit early to be saying "this is the end" (although I fund it unlikely Doan is coming).

I like the team as it is and wouldn't mind adding without subtracting.

Doan has actually said that he will not make a decision until the 9th?

I wonder why?

I wonder if he has any offers besides PHX?

Is funny 'cause Bryz's save % last year was .909, has never been below .906 for a season and his career mark is .915

How dare you bring facts into my blatantly ignorant rant?!?! You sir are a cad!.......and I still think the Sumo suit and GS pads would help........ :o

*SMARM LEVEL HIGH*

• Like 1

@AndyS He's waiting for the Yotes ownership to respond, since it's owned by the NHL....I'm thinking somebody is very close to buying it and Doan wants to give the new owners a chance to sign him so he can stay in Phoenix....thought I read that somewhere, but maybe just my own pipedream, not sure....lol.

@AndyS

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/articles/20120702phoenix-coyotes-captain-shane-doan-decision-may-exceed-deadline.html

A final decision on Shane Doan's destination for the upcoming season could exceed the July 9 deadline set by the current Coyotes captain.

Doan is expected to start negotiations next Monday, but there is no timeline for when he will pick and sign with a team, Doan's agent Terry Bross explained.

"What people need to understand about this guy is it would have been very easy for me (on Sunday) to taken some of the teams I've spoken to and said, 'OK, let's get something done," said Bross, who began representing Doan in October 2011. "(Doan) especially said to me, 'Listen, we're not taking offers. You can tell teams I'm interested, but we're not even taking offers until we know what's happening at home.'"

Yes, he said "home".

Oh believe me, I am not crazy about that either. It really looks like we are making a step backward from the last season. I just think there are some positives with the situation, not just negatives.

What it all comes down to, though, is not even who we failed to sign in this free agency. The bigger picture, at least for me, is how Bryzgalov does the next season. If he has another so-so season, not a single free agent in the world can help this team.

And thus why not a FA in the world does not want to come play for us. They did not mind the Nitty's of the world, but Breezy has such a stigma that nobody wants to be in the O&B. If there is a "grandfather" rule in the next CBA, the Flyers must use it on Breezy. I am being harsh, but unless someone can give a compelling argument to the contrary, that is what needs to be done.

And thus why not a FA in the world does not want to come play for us. They did not mind the Nitty's of the world, but Breezy has such a stigma that nobody wants to be in the O&B. If there is a "grandfather" rule in the next CBA, the Flyers must use it on Breezy. I am being harsh, but unless someone can give a compelling argument to the contrary, that is what needs to be done.

Honestly, who did we lose out on? Parise was heaavily rumorerd against another Atlantic team. suter was heavily rumored to want to go where Parise went. They both wound up paying in or near their home states.

What does this have to do with Bryz? What other big name didn't come here "because of Bryz?" - jokinen? Souray? Who?

I'm not at all against buying out Bryz, but I don't see the "people don't want to come here" thing at all. In the eye on the beholder from where I'm sitting.

• Like 1

What does this have to do with Bryz? What other big name didn't come here "because of Bryz?" - jokinen? Souray? Who?

I'm not at all against buying out Bryz, but I don't see the "people don't want to come here" thing at all. In the eye on the beholder from where I'm sitting.

I am guilty of propogating unsubstantiated rumors (that I read on other threads on this forum). My bad.