Parise/Suter Watch July 4th - Pens OUT

Guest jkearse123

Crazy f'n contracts being handed out...sheesh. Hope Weber isn't too expensive next season. So, Doan and Carle on the next to do list?

Bobby R in Anaheim? Can't believe I'm saying this but, Jump On Carle quickly... Someone mentioned Read and a D-man plus a couple of first for Ryan, I'd be All For That!. Not at the price of Cooter or Schenn. Gotta get Vorachek signed as well.

@Mad Dog I did NOT want to see Praise with Crosby....what a nightmare. People look at Zach's 69 point total and say meh, not worth it, people that know the game know he's worth every penny. This guys leadership, work ethic are off the charts....good for Minnesota, I've always loved that market, back to the days of the North Stars....good solid hockey market just became relevant again....I'm happy for them. Best thing to happen to Minnesota since Dino Cicicerelli went off as a rookie and they had those little green Dinosaurs...LOL! AND very happy to have Praise in the West, whew!

Can't wait till the Flyers play the Wild and we get to see this: The puck comes to Parise and he can't decide whether to dump it into the Flyer's zone or to carry it in. He pulls out his cell phone to call his fiance and see what she prefers, but while he's dialing Giroux steals the puck and goes the other way. Suter has to decide whether to try taking him into the boards or poke checking the puck off his stick, but he refuses to choose until Parise does. Meanwhile Giroux goes in on net unchallenged....

Edited by Earle'sGaffe

@BearOnIce They *should* be happy. They are a vastly improved team, the only real way for them to get better is UFA. They are always middle of the pack first round draft pick selection. Not a ton to trade away to get better...not many options. When the kids hit this market starting next year, that franchise will be hopping!

Seems the key to a hockey player heart is through Mama.

True, my mother used to take me to watch my town"s HS hockey games from as early as I can remember.

But on another note J. P. Parise had publicly stated his desire to have Zach return to play in Minnesota.

I'm happy for the franchise, but they need to change that team name and logo. That stuff is lame. It looks like a WNBA franchise logo.

I've always liked it. It really is well thought out and has a lot of meaning. I'm then I'm from "da range" so the iron ore red along with the green as in wilderness fits. It has the optical illusion that depicts both the land and the wild animal. Some say a bear and others say a cat. Both black bear, linx and cougar are all pretty common. The eye for the north star...., the mouth for the waterways, the red as a fur line for the aurora borealis and or iron ore mines.

Parise's father, J.P., said: "Of course, we’re happy but it’s not about me or his mother. It’s about him getting himself set for life and settling down in Minnesota. He’s the one who made the decision. He’s really excited about the decision and for me, that’s what it’s about. To watch my son be happy. That’s a fatherly feeling."

the optical illusion that depicts both the land and the wild animal. Some say a bear and others say a cat. Both black bear, linx and cougar are all pretty common.

I always thought the red signified the blood of sheep being torn apart by a wolf. I prefer the old Stars look. That was classic.

I personally think this is a perfect scenario for Philly...

It keeps them out of incredibly overinflated contracts that would have hamstrung the team for the next decade so they can go after some studs in next years FA market, while also keeping Suter/Parise off the Pens which would have been bad news for the Flyers.

I personally think this is a perfect scenario for Philly...

It keeps them out of incredibly overinflated contracts that would have hamstrung the team for the next decade so they can go after some studs in next years FA market, while also keeping Suter/Parise off the Pens which would have been bad news for the Flyers.

Absolutely, on all points.

I always thought the red signified the blood of sheep being torn apart by a wolf. I prefer the old Stars look. That was classic.

Well the iron ore mines are equally as dead as a sheep torn apart by a wolf so I can make the connection. :P

There are some who definitely would like to get the old logo back, had it not gone to the "lone star state" it might have happened.

@doom88 Yeah, more than a little fishy. Buttman never really did draw a line in the sand and say "this, this and this are against the rules".....so it leaves the door open for GM's to push the envelope. Might not fly.

@doom88 Yeah, more than a little fishy. Buttman never really did draw a line in the sand and say "this, this and this are against the rules".....so it leaves the door open for GM's to push the envelope. Might not fly.

Kovalchuk was the line and this is damn near the same in my opinion.