CARLE RETURNS TO TAMPA BAY

Guest jkearse123

i know everyone and there mother wants the flyers to go get Weber, but right now its just not a realistic move. I would like to see them make a minor move for a solid 3rd-4th defenseman...

Nasty Nate:

Ok, so who you got in mind?

BOI

@BearOnIce

Yeah, there's no obvious "solid 3rd-4th" D-man out there in the UFA ranks. Time for an offer sheet maybe. Current unsigned RFAs include:

Subban

Stralman

Kulikov

Carlson

Falk

I'd make offer sheets for a Subban, Carlson and Falk in a heartbeat.

I'll say again, why not rotate three D pairs with close to even TOI? Use Coburn and Mesz as workhorses when needed.

Coburn Timonen

Schenn Mesz

Grossmann Bourdon

It can work well, even without Carle. Let's see who steps up.

It isn't just about the amount of ice time either. It's about what the player does during that ice time. For the most part, I like what I've seen from Bourdon and Gus, but to think that either of them are anywhere near ready to do the things Carle has been doing is absurd. Timo is the only one who has that ability now, and the talk has been trying to reduce his ice time, not increase it. Gonna be tough to do that without Carle.

My ADHD gets in the way of a good post. I have all that going through my head but it's gone in an instant and never makes it into what I'm posting.

I didn't even mention Carle's durability in my original post. Dude only missed 2 games in 3 yrs.

@BearOnIce

Yeah, there's no obvious "solid 3rd-4th" D-man out there in the UFA ranks. Time for an offer sheet maybe. Current unsigned RFAs include:

Subban

Stralman

Kulikov

Carlson

Falk

I would sooner take the route of that weird guy over seas that cut off his genitals and then served them up to his friends than make an offer to Subban. I don't want that self centered, egotistical, mouth piece chewing POS anywhere near a Flyer uniform......

@BearOnIce

Subban

Stralman

Kulikov

Carlson

Falk

Carlson would be nice, but Subban can F off.

My ADHD gets in the way of a good post. I have all that going through my head but it's gone in an instant and never makes it into what I'm posting.

I didn't even mention Carle's durability in my original post. Dude only missed 2 games in 3 yrs.

Yes, that too.

Rumor was the Flyers had the highest $$ offer on the table for both Parise & Suter. I heard/read it was 12yrs/$100mil. Another statement I read from one of the players was he signed for less than the top $$ to be in a less "under the microscope" atmosphere. It wasn't *all* about the money.

I never heard the 100m from the flyers. I heard 12 /80. The Red Wings put 13 / 90 on the table. It was all a smoke screen anyway. The whole "less under a microscope" stuff is a load of crap. I don't care if you are playing in the north pole. When you sign a 13y / 100m contract you WILL be under the microscope. To infer that it would be less so in Minnesota than Philly is a joke. Minnesota is HOCKEY crazed state. He will actually be MORE under the microscope there.

Go Gophers! ha ha

I never heard the 100m from the flyers. I heard 12 /80. The Red Wings put 13 / 90 on the table. It was all a smoke screen anyway. The whole "less under a microscope" stuff is a load of crap. I don't care if you are playing in the north pole. When you sign a 13y / 100m contract you WILL be under the microscope. To infer that it would be less so in Minnesota than Philly is a joke. Minnesota is HOCKEY crazed state. He will actually be MORE under the microscope there.

Go Gophers! ha ha

Here is where I read the offer amount. Some were thinking it was closer to $110mil.

http://www.csnphilly...5036&feedID=695

"You can make a case that even if the Flyers privately feel Suter is a longshot to sign here, that the 12-year, $100 million-plus deal they offered him drove up the price for everyone else, including their most hated rival -- the Penguins."

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

Here is where I read the offer amount. Some were thinking it was closer to $110mil.

http://www.csnphilly...5036&feedID=695

"You can make a case that even if the Flyers privately feel Suter is a longshot to sign here, that the 12-year, $100 million-plus deal they offered him drove up the price for everyone else, including their most hated rival -- the Penguins."

Pinnochio is about as reliable as Ecklund. The offer was 12/80 for each maybe a tad more.

If you want to believe that ****** (closet pittsburgh fan), go read his "twitter". My 13 y/o niece speaks more inteligently than him on her menstruation. WTF. What a effing pansy.

https://twitter.com/#!/tpanotchCSN

Thats because he doesn't hit anybody. :D

I don't get this from you sheep xxxxxx (fill in the blank as you please). Put yourself in Carle's shoes. The Flyers tender a 12 year 80M offer to Suter. IF that contract goes through, then the Flyers don't sign Carle. If you want to say D O U C H E- it should fall to either Homer for offerring the contract to Suter and waiting- or to Suter for waiting so long to make a decision that was made awhile ago.

Agreed completely. First, I don't blame Carle. From where he stands, it had to be pretty obvious that he was the second choice. No home-team discount for a home team that makes it clear they prefer someone else. Under that theory, it's a little odd that he chose a team that traded him for a shoe box, but I guess that was a different management group.

As for Suter, I imagine he was always going to sing with Minny since his wife was from there. Was he waiting on Parise or something?

I think it's cute that many are upset that Carle left. For all the hand-wringing and kvetching done about Carle the last 3 years, you'd think there'd be a parade or a keg party or something.

I amactually sorry to see him go. I liked him more than most.

I think it's cute that many are upset that Carle left. For all the hand-wringing and kvetching done about Carle the last 3 years, you'd think there'd be a parade or a keg party or something.

I'm sure we'll miss him, but I never really liked him very much.

Agreed, but people started to quiet down after reading some of the Carle defense posts. And hearing Suter's rumored (at that time) terms helped too.

Still, spot on observation.