Flyers announce signings of Gervais and Fedotenko

Guest jkearse123

-- not sure I understand your point. Rusty and Gervais are purely purely depth signings... I dont see how this is something that is going to lead to a trade... hey, maybe you are right but I dont see this setting the deck for a trade...

Gervais has no depth.

For a d-man???

Yandle! Yandle! Yandle! Yandle!

. . .(and sign Doan.)

I hope talks are significantly along with Doan.

I did find something I actually like about Gervais. In addition to being a RH, he actually has a decent shot from the point. I'm watching video and I can see that he can hit the net. get him on the second PP.

I hope this guy surprises. For about $400k Flyers could not go wrong.

You mean where he scored half the goals the entire Flyer team did, had the only game-winner for the team and was one of two or three players actually giving a damn on the ice?

Yeah, that's my memory, too. ;)

:ph34r:

Man, you guys are lucky. my memory of FEDOTENKO!!! starts with Rochester and ends with him scoring 17 game winning goals in a row against us in Tampa

they way it stands now... it would seem the flyers are done, barring any trades. we have one roster spot open to complete the 23 man roster and we still need to resign vorachuk. is it weird that he's not been signed as of yet? they need to get on that.

Unless Voracek is going to be part of a trade??? Just speculation......

They might very well be done.

Hartnell/G/Voracek

Read/Briere/Schenn

Talbot/Coots/Fedotenko

Sestito/Wellwood/Rinaldo

Never mind the line combos but that's a full forward corps. Not a fan of the fourth line guys, but that third line could be tenacious.

Hartnell/G/Voracek

Read/Briere/Schenn

Talbot/Coots/Fedotenko

Sestito/Wellwood/Rinaldo

Never mind the line combos but that's a full forward corps. Not a fan of the fourth line guys, but that third line could be tenacious.

Add Simmonds in there and you have even more options. :-)

I think that's a good group. Would add a Doan in a heartbeat, but no need to remove anybody.

Hartnell/G/Voracek

Read/Briere/Schenn

Talbot/Coots/Fedotenko

Sestito/Wellwood/Rinaldo

Rinaldo is never going to be allowed to "play" for the Flyers. He will get whistled for any hit that makes people cheer whether it was clean or not. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the guy hits but anybody that watched him get the calls he got in the playoffs know he is a marked man. Also, I think I would like to see Simmonds given a shot on the top line with Giroux and Hartnell. He will keep people from taking liberties with Giroux. Jake just doesn't inspire fear of repercussions like Simmonds does. Cooter is a very versatile play maker, I might give him a shot as a second line wing with Briere. Max Talbot owns the 3rd line Center spot because it keeps his minutes down some for penalty killing. There are tons of possibilities and combos that need to be tried out and see what shakes out.

Just heard on Comcast Philly, that Gervais was a healthy scratch 32 times last season. And Homer gave him a 2 year deal....holy crap.

oh great...another player in the coaches doghouse........ :huh:

Add Simmonds in there and you have even more options. :-)

I think that's a good group. Would add a Doan in a heartbeat, but no need to remove anybody.

LOL, thanks! I knew I was forgetting someone!

I'm in the middle of nowhere on a wine tour... Might explain a few things!

• Like 1

@Philly29

Don't know...Bartulis was cheaper, sounds like he played about the same AND was only signed thru next season. I never understood the Bartulis buyout....average depth Dman, and the let him walk for nothing. And by doing so, have 100K in dead cap space for the next 2 years.

If this guy was going to replace him, why not just keep Bartulis to begin with????

• Like 1

@Philly29

Don't know...Bartulis was cheaper, sounds like he played about the same AND was only signed thru next season. I never understood the Bartulis buyout....average depth Dman, and the let him walk for nothing. And by doing so, have 100K in dead cap space for the next 2 years.

If this guy was going to replace him, why not just keep Bartulis to begin with????

I have a feeling the $500K for Bart and the $850K saved on Bob had to do with making the max possible offers to Suter and Parise and fitting under the off-season cap. I haven't (and am not) doing the math.

The Bartulis move to sign Gervais at *more* money is bewlidering.

@Philly29

Maybe Bart was a problem in the locker room?

OK, so... As I read this... We have a player (Gervais) who finished his 3-year Entry Level Contract at $740K, was traded for futures, signed a $525K deal, was scratched for 32 games and then...

Signed to a 2-year deal at $825K,.

Bewildering doesn't begin to explain it...

• Like 1