Flyers announce signings of Gervais and Fedotenko

Guest jkearse123

2nd Tour of Duty for Fedotenko with the Flyers. I remember when he was origianally signed by the Flyers back in the late 90's. Not a made move. I agree Bak..had no idea he was available.

2nd Tour of Duty for Fedotenko with the Flyers. I remember when he was origianally signed by the Flyers back in the late 90's. Not a made move. I agree Bak..had no idea he was available.

Unfortunately, my memory of Rusty is overrun by a certain Ottawa series. Ugh,

Fedetenko? Doesn't make sense unless they plan on trading one of the other lower line forwards for someone bigger.

-- not sure I understand your point. Rusty and Gervais are purely purely depth signings... I dont see how this is something that is going to lead to a trade... hey, maybe you are right but I dont see this setting the deck for a trade...

they way it stands now... it would seem the flyers are done, barring any trades. we have one roster spot open to complete the 23 man roster and we still need to resign vorachuk. is it weird that he's not been signed as of yet? they need to get on that.

Unfortunately, my memory of Rusty is overrun by a certain Ottawa series. Ugh,

You mean where he scored half the goals the entire Flyer team did, had the only game-winner for the team and was one of two or three players actually giving a damn on the ice?

Yeah, that's my memory, too. ;)

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Sounds like a trade is coming.

French Canadien defenceman Gervais 27 has had 10+ injuries since 2005/2006 serason, including a concussion. He is fragile. he has played a whopping 381 games in last 7 years. He has played up and down for the 7 of the past seasons with NY islanders/Bridgeport. Hois lifetime is 15 goals/81 points. His +/- is very south of the plus, -64 for his career. Bruno must feel that he has hit the jackpot with the Flyers. Tampa dumped him after a year. This guy is insignificant. I see him more in Adarondack. I don't even begin to understand this move. Can anyone enlighten me?

Andreas Lilja's job is safe.

You are correct activestick, I smell another trade too.

have to disgree with you there. I don't think Fedetenko was brought in to play with Giroux.

That is not what I meant.

I simply meant that we lost a winger from the roster & needed to sign another one.

Homer may move someone else up to play on G's line, or he may still have a trade in mind (Ryan or Nash) . . .or signing Doan.

You mean where he scored half the goals the entire Flyer team did, had the only game-winner for the team and was one of two or three players actually giving a damn on the ice?

Yeah, that's my memory, too. ;)

:ph34r:

Yep, that's the one. Still haunted by that Ottawa goal song, even more so than the recent Blackhawks.