Claude Giroux

Guest touche22

Is it a coincidence that since pronger has come back giroux has been pointless? I didnt see tonights game (florida) but against tampa, giroux seemed to struggle with the puck. Now, im not saying pronger makes him a bad player, but last year Pronger critisized him for trying to be too fancy. Is it possible giroux is not comfortable with someone as imposing as pronger...like he second guesses himself?????

Again, if giroux was on tonight i apologize. Just got me to thinking, is all....

Edit: i also have giroux in my pool and really cant afford these pointless nights!

Edited by touche22

As long as that line is together all your going to see is the other teams top shut-down guys. A line like Briere,Simmonds,&JVR is a good combination and harder to defend against,can't say the same the "G" line. Jagr would really benefit having more physical linemates,giving him some space. Its appears Lavi's system stifles really creative,offensive play and the defense after Pronger has too many European style players(deer in the headlights types) who are no-shows. Coburn looked good against the Panthers. A win is always good! Q

Giroux will be fine. His line had an off night, but generated a few chances in the 3rd.

I'm more worried about JVR/Briere/Simmonds who seem to show no chemistry at all.

The good news is that Voracek seems to be finding his game ;) And Couts had one of his best games last night.

@brelic

Couturier looks like a veteran out there. I can't believe the hockey smarts that kid possesses, and we already knew he had them,

I don't get JVR. Give him #14s brain and he's a superstar.

edit: And I'm much happier with Voracek lately.

Edited by flyercanuck

I've been wondering where Giroux has been hiding myself....Granted there will ups and down. I too have him on my fantasy team. Yikes. He was carrying my team there for the first 2 weeks of the season!! He'll come around.

Good point on the Top D going against that line EVERY night. Teams see it coming and react accordingly. Dare we break up that line though????

We will continue to see him make great plays year after year. I do hope he cracks 100 points this year, we haven't had one in a while.

More than that, it would solidify Giroux's status as an elite player league-wide. I can only hope the Flyers manage to keep Giroux on the roster and hungry.