Sean O'Donnell

Guest Samifan

I know I will get ripped for suggesting this but how about bringing OD back to as a 6th/7th d-man. He was ok the year he was here, keeps in good condition and could be a good mentor to our younger guys like Gus, Manning and Bourdon.

Let the ripping begin in 3,2,1..........

I know I will get ripped for suggesting this but how about bringing OD back to as a 6th/7th d-man. He was ok the year he was here, keeps in good condition and could be a good mentor to our younger guys like Gus, Manning and Bourdon.

He keeps in good condition because he is always well rested from all the times he's been scratched.

I'd rather see his ice time given to Bourdon and/or Gus. Time for the young kids to see if they can stand.

• Like 1

He keeps in good condition because he is always well rested from all the times he's been scratched.

I'd rather see his ice time given to Bourdon and/or Gus. Time for the young kids to see if they can stand.

Yep, let the young guys develop. No need for retreads.

I loved OD until the last 3rd of the season when I realized that he was gassed and that opposing forwards were simply skating around him to get to the net. No thanks...we need guys who are money in the playoffs and can keep the puck away from Bryz

how many mediocre dmen are we going to stockpile? Don't get me wrong I liked OD when he was here but we have too many 5/6 dmen already..

I agree. At this point, there is simply no place for OD on this team.

Not going to rip, but I'm with the others. I would rather give the minutes to a couple of the kids so they can learn and gain experience rather than sign a washed-up has-been. We have Lilja for that, anyway.

Not going to rip, but I'm with the others. I would rather give the minutes to a couple of the kids so they can learn and gain experience rather than sign a washed-up has-been. We have Lilja for that, anyway.

Correction, my beer-loving bear... ;) Lilja is not even a "has-been". He is more of a "never-was".

• Like 1

I'm with the majority in saying we don't need anymore old farts, but I have to wonder and laugh out loud at how many who now say "let the kids develop" will want to run the kids out of town at the first signs of rookie mistakes.

I'm with the majority in saying we don't need anymore old farts, but I have to wonder and laugh out loud at how many who now say "let the kids develop" will want to run the kids out of town at the first signs of rookie mistakes.

Not I, though Marshall did look really really bad.

Chalk up another defenseman the Flyers could not develop.

I don't think this one will fall on the Flyers. Marshall always had skating issues and he never progressed on those as a pro. He was mediocre as a Phantom. When traded, it was a AHL move all the way. Maybe Marshall can be a late bloomer, but I don't think so. I think he is Dan Mcgillis lite. Really go hitter, but not a good enough skater to make up for his positioning mistakes.

I don't think this one will fall on the Flyers. Marshall always had skating issues and he never progressed on those as a pro. He was mediocre as a Phantom. When traded, it was a AHL move all the way. Maybe Marshall can be a late bloomer, but I don't think so. I think he is Dan Mcgillis lite. Really go hitter, but not a good enough skater to make up for his positioning mistakes.

But he was never a rush defender either. His positioning should have improved since he stayed at home anyway, skating issues mitigated. Either he didn't take to coaching, or he is a other failed development.

But he was never a rush defender either. His positioning should have improved since he stayed at home anyway, skating issues mitigated. Either he didn't take to coaching, or he is a other failed development.

Who knows. I was very excited when we drafted him- despite his skating flaws which I was aware of. I loved his grit and his hitting when I watched him play in the memorial cup. I thought O&B immediately when I watched him. I will have to look up Washingtons AHL team and see if he progresses at all. There goes another 2nd round pick. :-(

With all respect, no thank you on OD.

Interesting fact - Bruno Gervais has a higher TSN.ca efficiency rating (69+) than all other Flyer defencemen, except for Pronger, Kimmo, and Mez. A rating of 70 is generally a Top 4 forward or Top 4 defenceman.

With all respect, no thank you on OD.

Interesting fact - Bruno Gervais has a higher TSN.ca efficiency rating (69+) than all other Flyer defencemen, except for Pronger, Kimmo, and Mez. A rating of 70 is generally a Top 4 forward or Top 4 defenceman.

Here's hoping he can perform like a Top 4 player,while getting 5-6 Dman minutes. I am also hoping he has the same work ethic and passion as his best friend Max Talbot!

• Like 1