Why do all the writers act like Hartnell is as good as gone?

Guest RonJeremy

@Vanflyer Off topic again, but that stuff with the Chineese killing Tigers....that sickens me to no end. Is that the same culture that thinks young Siberian Husky pups are a delicacy? I'd love to get my hands on anyone butchering a young pup for consumption.....something that small and helpless, a crime that deserves the death penalty, and I'm dead serious. I had a Husky for 17 years, so this really, really disturbs me.

Edited by jammer2

@Vanflyer Off topic again, but that stuff with the Chineese killing Tigers....that sickens me to no end. Is that the same culture that thinks young Siberian Husky pups are a delicacy? I'd love to get my hands on anyone butchering a young pup for consumption.....something that small and helpless, a crime that deserves the death penalty, and I'm dead serious. I had a Husky for 17 years, so this really, really disturbs me.

Why you hef to be med?

I understand, you feel that huskies are beautiful. I think you should find a Russian blonde... ;-)

@jammer2

I have to plead ignorance on the husky thing. I have to wrestle my head around it all (taking the moral high ground without being a hypocrite). The tiger thing really angers me because they are nearly exstinct. Wether or not I think they are enormously beautiful creatures (which I do) is beside the point- in that someone can say a snail is beautiful to them and be offended about escargo.

I do draw my lines though. I will not eat Veal- because of how they are "raised" if you want to call it that. Here is where the hypocricy comes in- I love chicken and will eat chicken all day and night. Yet if you see how factory farmed chickens are raised, you would be appalled.

In the end, my stand mostly is going to be about preservation. I want my daughters kids to be able to see such an enormously beautiful creature like a tiger- and not just in a zoo. While personally I take offense to killing certain animals- as long as they are not near extention and the killing is for good reason (ie. food), then I can not judge too harshly.

As an aside, where I live, there is a safari where you can go and take a caged vehicle and feed the siberian tigers chicken- nearly hand to mouth (ie you hold the chicken and then put it through a gate in the vehicle (roof) and the tigers will come right up and take the chicken- the tigers being literally a foot away from your face.

That said, where I live, they eat monkeys too. That is weird for me because of the evolution thing. Its kind of like eating your distant cousin. They tell me it taste like chicken so, who knows?

I am glad I had a sushi dinner last night- else I might be nausiated now.

@jammer2

I do draw my lines though. I will not eat Veal- because of how they are "raised" if you want to call it that. Here is where the hypocricy comes in- I love chicken and will eat chicken all day and night. Yet if you see how factory farmed chickens are raised, you would be appalled.

From what I keep learning, tradinionally raised chicken is one of the unhealthiest foods that one can poissibly buy. For Christ's sake....... even Russians stopped buying chicken from the US. lol

From what I keep learning, tradinionally raised chicken is one of the unhealthiest foods that one can poissibly buy. For Christ's sake....... even Russians stopped buying chicken from the US. lol

I've got a nice source for farm-raised, free-range from Lancaster County. They are just so cute and adorable when they are running around.

And so delicious when stuffed and cooked.

I'm an inveterate carnivore and the factory conditions sicken me.

@Vanflyer "People really knock Hartnell. Of all the signings that Homer has made, this the one that has come closest to the bullseye."

If I had a buck for every time I read a "trade Hartnell" post, I'd be retired on a Island somewhere...lol. He did look brutal at one point, but he's a fine example of how players can turn it around and make what seems to be a horrible deal an awesome bargain. Same goes for Briere, I wanted this guy gone badly 3 years ago, let's be honest, we all did (ok, most) and he did a startling 360, the seeminly selfish, soft, lazy bum inexpicably turned on the rockets and made Homer look like a genius. That's not even touching on how magnificant he has been in the Playoffs, a money player if there ever was one....when it counts the most. Sometimes, we have to remember, things can be bad off the ice, family issues etc.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, what you see is not always what you will get in the end. Even from players in mid career. Tigers can change their stripes.

TRADE HARTNELL NOW. HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!!

If I had a buck for every time I read a "trade Hartnell" post, I'd be retired on a Island somewhere...lol. He did look brutal at one point, but he's a fine example of how players can turn it around and make what seems to be a horrible deal an awesome bargain.

And that "at one point" you mention about him looking brutal was when he was going through the divorce, possible cheeting rumors, dry island, ect. Not saying his personal life should have interfered with work but he's human also (a well paid human but human just the same). Sometimes things effect me at work no matter how hard I try. The reverse is true. Sometimes work effects my home life... I still don't think it's coincidence that he was better after the big trades and the divorce/dry island crap was done. I think we saw what a positive locker room can do for the youngsters as well...

Will Hartsy and Kimmo play out seasonin Orange and Black or could they actually be trade bait before trade deadline....hard choices to make. Myself if i'm GM i try to resigned them both Kimmo if willing maybe a 2year deal...Scotty not sure though.

@Vanflyer

As for your question where do you find a 100 point guy with 250+ PIM ... Kevin Stevens... Pre-face smash. He and Tocchet on either side of Lemieux was incredible.

And don't forget we sent you Recchi for Tocchet... A trade I really hated when it happened!

Just pound on it, it'll soften and tenderize

Not to derail the topic, but.....

I was flattening some chicken breasts with a meat hammer. One of my sons called. My wife had to raise her voice over my hammering. My son asked what was making all the noise.

My wife says "It's your father, pounding his meat.".

• Like 1

Will Hartsy and Kimmo play out seasonin Orange and Black or could they actually be trade bait before trade deadline....hard choices to make. Myself if i'm GM i try to resigned them both Kimmo if willing maybe a 2year deal...Scotty not sure though.

It's not Homer's decision at all. Both have NTC/NMCs.

If the team is floundering and out of the playoff hunt, both might agree to be traded to a contender.

Something to look forward to...? :-)

I think he'll try to re-sign Kimmo at a lower rate and lock up Hartnell to "retire a Flyer"

That said, where I live, they eat monkeys too. That is weird for me because of the evolution thing. Its kind of like eating your distant cousin. They tell me it taste like chicken so, who knows?

haha, so why not just eat chicken then? isn't it much easier AND cheaper? i'm not asking YOU per say, that's just my usual response whenever i hear of something strange being consumed and then having the experience being compared to consuming chicken.

before I got to the end of your question, I was taking that to mean that you were asking if Timo was going to be able to MAKE it through the entire season or will he end up injured. The wear and tear this guy has taken just playing for the Flyers alone is enough to give me pause when thinking about a new deal. I love the player and his style, it's just tough to think future when we've literally watched him erode before our eyes. still a quality player though and I'd absolutely take him at a reduced salary for his next deal. Experience alone is enough to keep him around and I could live him playing a smaller role as long as the pay was appropriate... would he take it though?

@idahophilly From the same post you quoted "Sometimes, we have to remember, things can be bad off the ice, family issues etc."

Did you even read my post? LOL, you basically reinterated exactly what I said a bit further down in my post, it's all good...

It's not Homer's decision at all. Both have NTC/NMCs.

If the team is floundering and out of the playoff hunt, both might agree to be traded to a contender.

Something to look forward to...? :-)

I think he'll try to re-sign Kimmo at a lower rate and lock up Hartnell to "retire a Flyer"

Sorry i know this may not be the popular choice but this is what i'd prefer i have ennjoyed both of them in a Flyers uniform and would love for them to retire Flyers...like i said just my opinion...also they will make the playoffs just to much talent on this team to miss...but how far i will not venture to guess...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1