Alright,Whats plan "C" ?

Guest The Quigster

the problem with Doan is that he'll go for waaay too much. there will be a bidding war for him and he'll end up in Detroit or Pitt... or maybe even the rags if he doesn't stay put. I would love to have Doan, i think he would be great on the flyers, but it's just NOT happening. he's a 35+ contract and he'll command 4 or more years. risky and pricey.

I'd like to see Homer convince Eric Lindros to sign on as a coach,adviser,someone who has been there and could show the kids how its done,a genuine superstar!

Been there? What years did he win the Cup?

Lavy 1 Lindros 0

• Like 1

@doom88 I put S.F.B. on ignore a few weeks ago ($hit For Brains=quigly 46). It has made me a less angry person for it...... ;)

I usually use my iphone in mobile web format, next time at the laptop, might be time for using ignore. Thanks.

I hope they leave the team as it is, get some more young guys in the lineup and see what they can do. If that means trying to trade Timonen and/or Briere towards the deadline (if we look like we don't have a shot) then so be it. I do NOT want to see our youth traded away as a band aid. I think Couts/Schenn/Voracek are great pieces for the future.

• Like 1

I hope they leave the team as it is, get some more young guys in the lineup and see what they can do. If that means trying to trade Timonen and/or Briere towards the deadline (if we look like we don't have a shot) then so be it. I do NOT want to see our youth traded away as a band aid. I think Couts/Schenn/Voracek are great pieces for the future.

@xganarchy

Precisely! I'm sure Homer could have made another blockbuster trade to bring Ryan or Nash, IF he were willing to part with Couturier....and thankfully he apparently isn't. Step back in time to last summer after the Richards/Carter trades, what did we all say? It was obviously rebuilding time, not necessarily from scratch, but we stocked up on young players/picks and this wasn't going to make the team a Cup contender right away. 365 days later the plan shouldn't change. We need to see another year from alot of these kids to even start to know how the pieces are going to fit. Make a big splash in next year's UFA which (I'm told) is much stronger, or maybe find a bargain at the trade deadline next February.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Homer convince Eric Lindros to sign on as a coach,adviser,someone who has been there and could show the kids how its done,a genuine superstar!

Yeah, I would like to see Big E involved with organization in some capacity, but I really don't see him as coaching material....most big stars aren't

I was actually thinking assistant coach,not a head coaching position. Some body who could inspire the younger players.

So then how is big E going to inspire the veteran players?

What coaching experience does big E have that makes you want to say put him in charge of the PK ? If you want a guest speaker during training camp that is great, but wouldn't you rather have someone with some coaching experience to help coach the team?

So where we it right now. We have lost Jagr gained Fedotenko and lost Carle. I think the fedotenko signing is good but he bring everything else than Jagr. Im confident we will see more of Shenn, Cooter but at the same time Briere might be worse than last year. I mean, we cant relie on him anymore really. I do want to see some playmaking coming in. Maybe wait and se how its flow but the dangerous thing about wait is if the ship began to sink its very very hard to stop it, despite adding new players. We should have learned. Start the season well prepared! Im not so worried about our defense. Sure Carle was a decent defenseman and important to our PP and offense but I think the lack of Jagr or a playmaker is worse. Lock how much he ment for Giroux. Giroux deserves playing with a good playmaker. Good things will happen then.

Relevant changes:

G

- Bob

D

- Carle

+ Grossman

+ L Schenn

+ Gervais

F

- Jagr

+ Fedentenko

Young unestablished guys;

Voracek, Read, B Schenn, Couturier, Wellwood, Rinaldo, Simmonds, Harry Z, Bourdon, L Schenn

Surely one of those young forwards with potential can replace Jagr? I'm thinking Voracek will get first crack, but I'd like to see B Schenn in there.

I think the team will be fine if the guys play as one and work hard every night. Game or no game. Hopefully they remember the lessons from the sage Jagr.

So then how is big E going to inspire the veteran players?

What coaching experience does big E have that makes you want to say put him in charge of the PK ? If you want a guest speaker during training camp that is great, but wouldn't you rather have someone with some coaching experience to help coach the team?

Truthfully, I think Eric would be more qualified in the front office- I say that only because of his "Ombudsmen" executive role with the NHL- one in which he earned a great amount of respect from me because he told the NHL to go screw themselves after it was clear that they just wanted him to be a puppet / message boy and not actually lead in relations between the NHLPA and NHL.

• Like 1