Sharks hire Larry Robinson as Asst. Coach

Guest jammer2

Nice move for the Sharks. I couldn't even imagine having this great HOF'er teaching my defensive corps. Not sure that's the area he coachs, just assuming. Suppose he would be great as a pp coach also. Larry easily top 3 all time for defensemen, most would argue, but nicest package of skill and toughness to ever lace up skates as a d-man in my books. Robinson never fought that much, because the 7-8 times a year he would let loose showed the rest of the leauge he was a man to be feared.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400202

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know the Sharks had the second worst penalty kill last year in the NHL. Robinson can really help change that stat. This team could really be one of the favorites in the West next season.

• 10 months later...

Nice move for the Sharks.

I think if they would have held on too Murray and Clowe they would be headed to the WCF instead of LA.

They didn't have the depth on the blueline and experience needed there.

Also missed the secondary scoring from no Havlat...and missed the grit of Clowe.

Neimi played his best hockey of his career this post season and it wasn't enough to solve Quick...a few more horses would hve been nice...and we'll never know...

I think if they would have held on too Murray and Clowe they would be headed to the WCF instead of LA.

They didn't have the depth on the blueline and experience needed there.

Also missed the secondary scoring from no Havlat...and missed the grit of Clowe.

Neimi played his best hockey of his career this post season and it wasn't enough to solve Quick...a few more horses would hve been nice...and we'll never know...

Torres more than made up for the loss of Clowe, of course, you have the BS from shanny that cost the Sharks Raffi for most of the series.....

Torres more than made up for the loss of Clowe

Yeah not sure how much he thinks he's going to get, Rangers though we'll see.

Murray was just moved some they can work some of their young guys into the lineup...Nick Petrecki and Matt Tennyson and Konrad Abeltshauser maybe fresh off a Memorial Cup win...man they're deep.

And don't forget Sena Acolatse too...somebody may go!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Yeah not sure how much he thinks he's going to get, Rangers though we'll see.

Murray was just moved some they can work some of their young guys into the lineup...Nick Petrecki and Matt Tennyson and Konrad Abeltshauser maybe fresh off a Memorial Cup win...man they're deep.

And don't forget Sena Acolatse too...somebody may go!!!!!!

Hmmm. With burns playing wing permanently now and Boyle looking older every year, i would be lying if I did not say i defense worried me.

Patrecki is a bust prospect good sir :) I was high on him for years and watched his developpment, or lack thereof.

Konrad Abeltshauser I saw play all year for the Moose. I liked what i saw but it seems others do not agree with me :)

Torres more than made up for the loss of Clowe, of course, you have the BS from shanny that cost the Sharks Raffi for most of the series.....

Definitely. I missed Torres and since it came down to 1 goals in game 7, I think we could have pulled it off