Per Sportsnet: Doan options Phoe, Pens, Detroit, Vancouver

Guest jammer2

Kids are the world. I've got four myself. I like the nights so I can be home during the day. Good to hear you're doing well. Too many people aren't these days.

I remind myself of that everyday...

...every time i hate going to work. Some people don't even have a job...

...i have a great wife and beautiful daughter that is why my daughter helped me not get so uptight about the Flyers...

...i have her Flyer booties hanging from my rear view mirror in the car. She is my world. Can't imagine having 4.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

Jim Carey WON a Vezina...

which means you agree that Bryz can't stop a determined two on one from a mite team?

But, hey, that's one example from 16 years ago so you got that going for you...

:ph34r:

@radoran

My correction was not wrong. He was backup. He played four games. You said yourself 3-1. That adds up to 4. I never asserted he couldn't play, nor did I say he only got garbage time. I think you are so used to defending him you're putting other people's words in my mouth.

My point remains that being backup... Whether he contributed or not, isn't quite the same as being the go to guy all season and throughout the playoffs. Yes he won 3 games in the playoffs. I'm not slamming the guy for not being starter. I just think it will always mean more to win a ring as the starting goalie than as a backup.

As I've said in other posts I like Bryz. I thought he was a great signing for your team. I watched his highlights in Phoenix when he played there. I'm shocked he didn't have a great season in Philly. He still beat my boys in the series. And I'll be surprised if he isn't his old self this year.

I'm allowed to think MAF is a better goalie. And I'm allowed to think MAF winning a ring as the starting goaltender is a higher accomplishment than Bryz playing 4 games as the backup to Giguere. I'm not arguing with your opinion, I'm simply stating my own.

I've said absolutely nothing (on this thread) about MAF nor your opinion of him.

The relevance - in the context of the exchange - of starting and winning games in the Cup playoff as opposed to being, say, Bernier riding the pine is a significant difference. In the context of your posts, the "backup" seemed intended as a continued dismissal of his ring in an exchange which started with a quip about him having an empty hand in the first place.

In the greater scheme of things, yes it is more important to be the starter that wins most of the games and is in net for the Cup. It's why Leighton is so reviled in Philly - for being on the other side. Nevertheless, you need 16 wins to take the Cup and winning 18.75% of them isn't too shabby nor should it be dismissed.

which means you agree that Bryz can't stop a determined two on one from a mite team?

But, hey, that's one example from 16 years ago so you got that going for you...

:ph34r:

Just saying the Vezina finalist thing might not hold too much weight. It's nice, but that's about it.

There really is no point in arguing what will happen with Bryz. The flake can do well, and suck hardcore. Who knows what will happen? Might as well watch and hope come mid-October.

Just saying the Vezina finalist thing might not hold too much weight. It's nice, but that's about it.

Becaue of Jim Carey 16 years ago? Jeez, at least go Steve Mason. ;-)

There really is no point in arguing what will happen with Bryz. The flake can do well, and suck hardcore. Who knows what will happen? Might as well watch and hope come mid-October.

Which is what I've been doing.