Nash's list: Detroit, San Jose, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, and NYR, he's not willin

Guest Irishjim

2990018.jpg?701

HNR -- Rick Nash's shortlist of teams he'd accept a trade to is reportedly Detroit, San Jose, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, and the New York Rangers.

Nash was born in Brampton, Ontario, but it doesn'yt seem like he wants to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs, or even near Canada. The Ottawa Senators formerly had interest in him, but they pulled out when they believed that Nash wouldn't want to join their team.

Columbus is trying to maximize their return from trading Nash and as long as he limits their trading options, their job will be significantly harder.

You know, when a player makes it clear he wants off the team he's on and then makes a list and refuses to play for certain other teams...screw him. I mean, dude, you're not a free-agent. You want out, fine. That's the trade off. Columbus should be allowed to make the best possible move for their franchise while getting rid of Sir Whinalot.

I really don't want him.

• Like 1

Howson has proven himself to be less than competent as a general manager and continues to do so by demanding more than any team in their right mind will pay for him. Supposedly he turned down Pavelski, clowe and Demers from the Sharks, leaving all other GMs shaking their head. It was where two fools met, the Sharks for offering it and Howson for turning it down. I think it is still likely that Nash is dealt before the start of the season but not the lock that I would have thought it was at the end of the last season.

I want nothing to do with this chode, please take Philly of your stupid list. Christ the guy plays in Columbus and he has a list? Like playing anywhere else wouldn't be an improvement!

Howson is trying to commit highway robbery, I guess I can't blame him because his job must be on the line. But you never NEVER get value back for a star. F 'em both

@ sarsippius

You said chode, heh heh heh....

I love that word almost as much as I love dou. Che!

Chode .

It's the never trade a dollar for three quarters play. I don't want Nash at Howson's price , but I bet he could score 50 on Giroux's wing pretty easily.

This franchise has been an absolute disaster almost from day one.

Howson is the biggest joke of a GM in the NHL if not all of sport.

The last team that was forced to move their captain star forward for a bunch of dingo's kidneys was Atlanta.

They're playing in Winnipeg now.

Put Winnipeg in the West and put Columbus in Quebec where it belongs.

The only reason I dont want Columbus to move is I live 45 minutes away and get to see my wings four times a year, plus a few other games against teams I like. If Nash gets dealt and it turns into a Kovy/Lindros franchise killing deal I will miss that.

I'd sure like to see him on Crosby's wing but the thought of what it would cost scares the crap outta me!

This is the post I will inject my opinions of a few other threads.

1) Polaris- The cap hit scares you because you are going to have to up Crosby and Malkin next year.

2) Everyone else now is putting Nash as the d i c k? As I understand it, he publically towed the line all last year in saying how much he loved playing for Columbus, does not want to leave, etc. etc.

It was Howson that approached him and asked if he would be willing to waive his NTC. He said okay and gave him a short list. Howson's demands were so extreme that he did not make a move and thought it would be better in the summer when perhaps more options would open up.

Now it is summer and he has given another list- albeit short, but less short than the trade deadline. Nash is not the one to ask to be traded. Howson approached him saying something like: "look at all Philly got back from us last summer for that p u s s y Carter, I want to do the same with you in reverse".

To have derogative things to say about Nash is a bit absurd to me. He did everything and more you would expect a top pro to do in a horrible situation. Just like I say on the Weber situation, a current decent player (read) and some top picks. I might even through in a Gus and lower the picks.

But people, don't paint Nash as an a s s. He has never been. There is a reason why players sign a NTC. They want commitment from the current team AND the option to choose where they may be traded to next. Because Nash has excercised that choice due to the fact that the commitment by Columbus has waivered is not reason to paint him in a bad way.

As for the Flyers getting him. I will pass. Mostly because of the salary + assets. I would rather have Doan this year or Perry next year- both as UFA's and not having to give up assets.

• Like 2

This is the post I will inject my opinions of a few other threads.

1) Polaris- The cap hit scares you because you are going to have to up Crosby and Malkin next year.

I agree with you about your second point. And I'd love Nash. The cap hit I'm not so worried about. Crosby goes up 300k. Malkin I'm thinking will take the same. Even his parents are celebrities here and he took exactly what Sid took last time so unless he suddenly get greedy I'm not concerned. I was referring more to what it would cost the Pens in trade.

Sid took last time so unless he suddenly get greedy I'm not concerned. I was referring more to what it would cost the Pens in trade.

Ah, ok. Which is the same boat I am in. I am back to the the same thing I have been preaching on the Weber threads: give a read, a prospect and some picks. Nash is a great player, but I don't see the rationale to gut a team to get him. He is only one player. Frankly, while he would look great in either O&B or B&G, neither team needs him that much to give up so much for him- both at a cap cost and asset cost. There are other players looming still this summer and next that could be had for less salary and zero assets.

• Like 1

thanks for that, i was having trouble coming up with the words you so eloquently typed there. i feel much the same way but was having a hard time finding the right tone.

The Philly lynch mob mentaility sometimes really irks me. Nash is an upstanding guy. He is certainly getting paid for the situation in Columbus, but he showed his committment to the team by signing that contract. The team management has repeatedly failed him and despite all those failures, he never waivered and said I want out. Instead, he did the opposite. Unlike a local Jersey Shore boy we know.

The only reason I dont want Columbus to move is I live 45 minutes away and get to see my wings four times a year, plus a few other games against teams I like. If Nash gets dealt and it turns into a Kovy/Lindros franchise killing deal I will miss that.

Don't I know it! (I live in Atlanta!)

Far enough.

To answer your question in an adult manner (difficult for me), I don't know for sure that I have a rational reason. My reasoning initially was based upon reasons you countered very well in a previous post. So, I'm stubbornly left with disliking him just because I'd already decided I didn't like him.

So, I'm stubbornly left with disliking him just because I'd already decided I didn't like him.

Fanatic is back, so don't worry we can all unabashedly act like kids!

Seriously, I don't want him for the assets we would have to give up (or at least what Howson wants). Have you ever watched him on the international stage where he has good players around him (third line no less)? He can be an eye dropping player. For my taste, I will pass, because of both the salary and the assets that Columbus wants. Corey Perry is the guy I want. I would drop the same salary that Nash makes at his door step next summer in a heart beat- and keep all my assets.

People gush about Ryan, but Perry is much better than Ryan AND much better than Nash!

@Vanflyer

I like Perry. Make it so.

Yeah, my silly dislike aside, I would consider Nash and think he would be terrific next to Giroux but really don't want to give up the money or the players for him. Realistically, it really only comes down to that.

• Like 2

Ok... Having said that... Let's say Anaheim realizes come trade deadline they won't be able to keep Perry... He's on the trading block to prevent a Suter style loss. Now what?

We trade Luca Sbisa for him. Oh, wait...

Eh, let him get traded and see if he signs with his new team. If not, game on.

Here's an idea for the Flyers...let's pretend we're Nashville and draft and groom our own damn defensemen. It ticks me off that there were some pretty good dmen sitting there when the Flyers picked this time around and we went with a centerman. SHOCKER!