Dustin Leed article on Nick Cousins

Guest jkearse123

I like the sound of that. I also like how he accepts that role and really embraces it. Sounds like a guy flyers fans love to cheer for...

Sounds Like Keith Jones with the ability to fight......Being of the broad shouldered and sloped forehead unibrow type, I LIKE IT!!!

@flyerrod I know it's important for Cousins to play regular, but I wonder if he could be slowly introduced to the NHL, ie that elusive 4th line center we lack right now. Guess training camp will dictate where he plays, but my guess is the Sault for one more year....unless me makes it really, really tough to send him back there. Stranger things have happened.

@flyerrod I know it's important for Cousins to play regular, but I wonder if he could be slowly introduced to the NHL, ie that elusive 4th line center we lack right now. Guess training camp will dictate where he plays, but my guess is the Sault for one more year....unless me makes it really, really tough to send him back there. Stranger things have happened.

Kid just knows how to get under some skin....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbsiHPxZfY

...Flyer fans will enjoy...

“I’m a small pesky guy that gets in everyone’s face and pisses off the other team. One of those guys you love to have on your team, but hate to play against.”

http://thehockeyguys...t-nick-cousins/

So, anyone that is keeping score:

Flyers trade:

Jeff Carter (26 y/o)

Columbus trade:

Jakub Voracek (23 y/o)

1st round (8th overall) Sean Couturier (19 y/o)

3rd round (68th overall) Nick Cousins (18 y/o)

While I lament Homers actions this summer. Last summer was a effing block buster for the organization. The first person that posts "yeah but......and ....rings" will get a middle finger from me. Those trades last summer were monstrous. Sorry, had a furr ball and was coughing on the trade to get the rights for Breezy.

Briere is done here soon. He does not fit on a third line and there are other guys that deserve the second line minutes. If he wants to move to RW, okay. What I am saying is that our center position is well protected for the next few years (assuming guys like nick pan out).

Jammer you remember this being a Spits fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMEnZ5323Ec

...should be some bad blood for the Devils games...

I really doubt Cousins will play in the NHL next year. Granted I haven't watched him play yet, but since he is ineligible to play for the Phantoms I think he will and should be sent back to the OHL for another year.

Basically I'm not expecting him to out play Rinaldo, Wellwood or Harry Z for a roster spot.

I really doubt Cousins will play in the NHL next year. Granted I haven't watched him play yet, but since he is ineligible to play for the Phantoms I think he will and should be sent back to the OHL for another year.

Basically I'm not expecting him to out play Rinaldo, Wellwood or Harry Z for a roster spot.

I don't expect him to play on the big club either...but like Jammer states all those play you mentioned none of them are 4th line center material...someone has to play center on the 4th..who will it be?

I don't expect him to play on the big club either...but like Jammer states all those play you mentioned none of them are 4th line center material...someone has to play center on the 4th..who will it be?

It depends. I think Briere is going to go back to wing (again). Schenn a winger as well. Couturier is going to move to 2nd line center. He will earn it in camp. Talbott remains third line center (appropriately). That puts Rinaldo as your 4th line center. The first three lines are going to go EV: 14 / 13 / 12. Fourth line gets their 5-7 minutes EV. The rest is special teams.

@OccamsRazor Don't remember that specific incident, although it was in Windsor. Man do we pack them in, check out the fans in the background, not a empty seat anywhere. On an average night, we pack in 6,000 an off night is 5,800. Cousins is famous in the O as a premiere s**t disturber. A talented one at that. If he does go back to the Sault, I expect 100+ points and a scoring title, or at least top 3.

@Vanflyer

@OccamsRazor

I don't think Rinaldo is a center. There definitely is some room to maneuver. I'm not so certain Briere moves to wing, he really isn't that strong along the boards. If we assume Giroux, Briere, and Courturier are the top 3 centers then there is room to exchange Talbot, Read, and Harry Z on the fourth line. I thought Wellwood played some center last year as well?

then there is room to exchange Talbot, Read, and Harry Z on the fourth line. I thought Wellwood played some center last year as well?

Fair enough, but it is hard for me to see Talbot or Read playing the 4th line unless they are "rolling" the lines, which would be okay in my book.

@Vanflyer

@OccamsRazor

I don't think Rinaldo is a center. There definitely is some room to maneuver. I'm not so certain Briere moves to wing, he really isn't that strong along the boards. If we assume Giroux, Briere, and Courturier are the top 3 centers then there is room to exchange Talbot, Read, and Harry Z on the fourth line. I thought Wellwood played some center last year as well?

So with all the debate i guess Holmstrom is just AHL fodder, journeyman at best...i just never hear zilch on him, as if nothing is expected to come of him.

But recalling the few times he was in the lineup last year and half he was invisible...if he was a defense man that would be fine but not so much as a forward.

I hope the give Welly a long look during training camp and preseason at center, either way he needs to be in the lineup his defensive game to me has eared him that much along with his blazing speed...

...hopefully he can find the back of the net more next season to solidify his spot in the lineup.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I hope the give Welly a long look during training camp and preseason at center

Truthfully, I don't want Wellwood as a 4th line center. I want him to have more minutes than that and I think he is wasted there. He is my third line winger.

Truthfully, I don't want Wellwood as a 4th line center. I want him to have more minutes than that and I think he is wasted there. He is my third line winger.

I'm cool with that but i believe he in time can play anywhere in the lineup.

@Vanflyer

Who then Van do you see playing the majority of minutes as the fourth line center?

Ian Slater...If he gets a chance, he will shine. He will be this season's Matt Read(as a defensive player)...BOOK IT!

Meaning un-drafted diamond in the rough.......