Mark my words...

Guest orange_crush

@orange_crush

This certainly seems to be the most common thoughts going through most Flyers fans' minds at this point......I just pray that Bryz quits looking at the bench and starts tracking the puck more......

there is something seriously wrong with Bryz...I don't think he even cares about hockey to be honest...

what kid goalie..we don't have any developed prospects in the system..

The college kid (Heater?) and the humungous goalie prospect from Finland (or someplace like that) - forgot his name, but he's like 6'7" or something.

I'm OK with it. I think it tells Bryz that he's the man.

And I think that this paves the way for one of the kid goalies to step in as the back-up next year.

$50+ milion over 9 years tells Bryz he's the man. Short of bringing in a young Bernie Parent, that's not changing.

I wish I were as optimistic about the back-up situation moving forward but until we can actually develop a young netminder I don't hold out hope for any of the kids we drafted. Bob was a nice find but when he left he was pretty much the same goalie we signed.

Time for the Phillies GM and the Flyers GM and the Eagles GM to go. GM says they are having a good year so I guess they can stay.

The Eagles GM is in only his second year as a GM and he has made some very great signings including locking up his own good players. The guy who could arguably be blamed for letting Dawkins walk was let go this season, bhe was the team president. GM Howie Roseman isho

• Like 1

The college kid (Heater?) and the humungous goalie prospect from Finland (or someplace like that) - forgot his name, but he's like 6'7" or something.

let's be brutally honest..the Flyers have never developed a goalie..ever..there were only 2 decent goalies to ever play in this organization (Parent and Hextall) both were never developed..

anytime we get a young prospect (Boucher, Nitty, Bob) we throw them into the fire and destroy there confidence...

@orange_crush

I think he showed plenty, but fair enough.

To add fuel to this fire, it's now being reported that Bernier, the best goalie prospect not named Schneider, has asked for a trade (in fact, asked at the trade deadline). LA isn't really interested in accomodating him, but a disgruntled backup goalie isn't a thing any team can tolerate for too long.

That Homer has spent all his free time talking to ANH about Ryan (something we don't really need), or putting silly offers together for Parise (also not a need), while TB snaggged Lindback and while LA has an unhappy backup looking to get out, is a bloody disgrace. C'mon Homer, smarten up!

@orange_crush

I think he showed plenty, but fair enough.

To add fuel to this fire, it's now being reported that Bernier, the best goalie prospect not named Schneider, has asked for a trade (in fact, asked at the trade deadline). LA isn't really interested in accomodating him, but a disgruntled backup goalie isn't a thing any team can tolerate for too long.

That Homer has spent all his free time talking to ANH about Ryan (something we don't really need), or putting silly offers together for Parise (also not a need), while TB snaggged Lindback and while LA has an unhappy backup looking to get out, is a bloody disgrace. C'mon Homer, smarten up!

I saw Bernier is available and Homer should definantly go after him..I know he wants to be a starter and I would leave it open competition between him and Bryz...

As far as Pelle do you think the Flyers deserve credit for developing him?

As far as Pelle do you think the Flyers deserve credit for developing him?

Yeah I think so. They drafted him, groomed him in the AHL and as a backup for 2-3 years. So yeah, they do I guess.

Bob was a nice find but when he left he was pretty much the same goalie we signed.

I would love to have seen how he would have done last year with him being the starter as opposed to playing once every 15 games. I also think that once he saw Bryzaster, he may have been licking his chops at the possibility of stealing the job which could have added a little extra pressure to win the few games he was in. The fact that he caved is a problem but our lack of D was a big reason for that as well. Bottom line, it wasn't even close to an ideal situation for a second year goalie who needed to adjust to the NHL schedule and I think things would've/ could've been much different (read, better) had he been the starting goalie from the get go. If he was and was crap it wouldn't have been much different from the season we got any way last year, the only difference is now we don't know what we could have had with Bob had he been groomed properly.

A real shame for sure for this fan, I was really looking forward to the Flyers finally having a home grown (sorta) goalie.

• Like 1

The Eagles GM is in only his second year as a GM and he has made some very great signings including locking up his own good players. The guy who could arguably be blamed for letting Dawkins walk was let go this season, bhe was the team president. GM Howie Roseman isho

Thanks Being down here in Fla i was not aware of the GK change. I very rarely check out the Iggles mostly Flyers and some Phillie. Still root for them all!

they should have signed Clemmonson or Montoya or Ellis or Roloson..anyone but Leighton

Clemmensen as what, a backup? He's three years older than Leighton with similar numbers. He's probably a slight upgrade in skill over Leighton, but it is a moot point because he wasn't available -- Florida signed him before he ever hit the market. So saying they "shoulda have signed" him is unfair, because they would have needed to trade for his rights.

And Roloson? You really think it is a better idea to sign a 43 year old goalie with a 3.6 GAA last season?

Montoya, how is he an upgrade over Leighton?

Same goes for Dan Ellis.

what kid goalie..we don't have any developed prospects in the system..

Niko Hovinen...

...he'll be the starter for the Phantoms (or at least be given every chance to win it) and if /when he has a good year (i know i'm being optimistic here which is not allowed...don't report me :D ) it would be expected the following season for him to replace Leighton he'll be turning 26 that season which by goaltenders standards should be more that mature enough and with a season to adjust his game to the north american style...backup in the NHL would be the next step...i believe the Phantoms will have a hell of a team this next up coming season...

...now i know that a lot has to happen between now and then but it seems that may be the plan.

Clemmensen as what, a backup? He's three years older than Leighton with similar numbers. He's probably a slight upgrade in skill over Leighton, but it is a moot point because he wasn't available -- Florida signed him before he ever hit the market. So saying they "shoulda have signed" him is unfair, because they would have needed to trade for his rights.

And Roloson? You really think it is a better idea to sign a 43 year old goalie with a 3.6 GAA last season?

Montoya, how is he an upgrade over Leighton?

Same goes for Dan Ellis.

Clemmenson, Roloson, and Montoya are all upgrades from Leighton...in todays NHL you need 2 viable starting goalies...we hardly have one..

for the record Rolo can be a sensational goalie when he gets hot..Clemenson and Ellis are both legit starters as well...

Niko Hovinen...

...he'll be the starter for the Phantoms (or at least be given every chance to win it) and if /when he has a good year (i know i'm being optimistic here which is not allowed...don't report me :D ) it would be expected the following season for him to replace Leighton he'll be turning 26 that season which by goaltenders standards should be more that mature enough and with a season to adjust his game to the north american style...backup in the NHL would be the next step...i believe the Phantoms will have a hell of a team this next up coming season...

...now i know that a lot has to happen between now and then but it seems that may be the plan.

Optimism? You are SO reported.

the thing is that bryzgalov can't implode to the point of forcing a depth chart change. he imploded last season, and still got starts. there isn't a ton of a point to worrying about the backup if you are going to go with the big dollar guy regardless of how he plays.

once flyers' management realizes that bryzgalov is a 6'x4' hole in the bottom of the team's boat and they get rid of him somehow, then fixes can be made. then the backup can be worried about. until then, what is the point? bryzgaloc will get starts, he'll allow bad goals from all over the place, he'll continue to get starts, the flyers will in general outscore bryzgalov's sucking, will squeek into the playoffs, bryzgalov will get starts, and the flyers will exit the first time they play a team that doesn't embarrass itself.

really, why sweat details like who is going to pick up 30 games, tops?

They will beat Mr. Bryz like a rented mule. They will play him every game they can in the regular season no matter what the score. They will not take him out. They will stick his nose in it. If he breaks and runs so be it. That does it for the contract. The Flyers management will only be concerned about getting this team into the palyoffs and can they go far in the playoffs. If the team is not up to it this year, Bryz is insignificant. If they have a chance at a run, they will run Bryz down to the point he breaks then go get someone else to stop the puck and Snider will pay.