Zegmus Girgensons Signs Entry Level Contract

Guest Pegulaville26

The Sabres second 1st round pick this year Zegmus Girgensons will not go to the University of Vermont and has instead signed his entry level contract. Girgensons has turned a lot of heads at Sabres Development Camp this week and could make the team. At this point Girgensons looks to be more likely than Grigorenko to make the club. See story here at NHL.com....http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637872&navid=DL|BUF|home

The Sabres second 1st round pick this year Zegmus Girgensons will not go to the University of Vermont and has instead signed his entry level contract. Girgensons has turned a lot of heads at Sabres Development Camp this week and could make the team. At this point Girgensons looks to be more likely than Grigorenko to make the club. See story here at NHL.com....http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

How did this kid play in the USHL i thought you had to be American born? No?

Something to add...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214209

Edited by OccamsRazor

Zegmus Girgensons will not go to the University of Vermont and has instead signed his entry level contract. Girgensons has turned a lot of heads at Sabres Development

He said before the development camp that he was going to try to show Sabres that he was ready. Guess he did that.

I'm not surprised. He's a great kid.

Clark2Leach will be very happy.

Too good! :-)

There is a little disappointment here because a number of people wanted him to play for UVM.

Out of respect, Z called Kevin Sneddon before he signed. He's a really good kid, Rad.

My ten year-old was at riding camp during his Sabres development tryout. He took the time to write her a letter during that busy period.

There is a little disappointment here because a number of people wanted him to play for UVM.

Out of respect, Z called Kevin Sneddon before he signed. He's a really good kid, Rad.

My ten year-old was at riding camp during his Sabres development tryout. He took the time to write her a letter during that busy period.

Well, I don't know if I can consider him a fellow alumni (lol) but as a 78-game-a-year Sabres fan, I'm happy for him and hope he works out for Buffalo.

@OccamsRazor I think you just have to be an American Citizen which I'm 99% sure he is. Not 100% sure on the rule though.

I don't think so- if it is a Canadian playing in the US or a US playing in Canada (as amateurs). Patrick Kane played his last amateur season in the OHL (yet represented USA at the WJHC). As long as each government knows what the intent and duration is (and that you are not planning to grow roots without proper residency paper work), there is not an issue.

I don't think so- if it is a Canadian playing in the US or a US playing in Canada (as amateurs). Patrick Kane played his last amateur season in the OHL (yet represented USA at the WJHC). As long as each government knows what the intent and duration is (and that you are not planning to grow roots without proper residency paper work), there is not an issue.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Posted · Hidden by blocker, July 15, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by blocker, July 15, 2012 - No reason given

I'm no expert and my memory is eroded by drink.

But, my kids played in a Canadian league and I don't remember citizenship being much of an issue.