Doan offered 4 years

NastyNate

That boat has sailed. I think Bobs, JVR and a kid from our system (plus picks) would have got him.

OccamsRazor.......

....asserts that one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power.

I like Doan. He's got some nice intangible skills and has always been stuck on rather lackluster teams. But not at that money, somebody else can have him.

Those intangiblies already exist with Talbot. I don't want Doan at that money. Heck, we could get the same player in Brendan Morrow in one year for 2 or 3 million. They're both hard hitting mid-level scorers on the downside of their careers and Morrow is 2 years younger.

• Like 1

Those intangiblies already exist with Talbot.

So what? What's your point? You don't want more of something you like?

I don't want Doan at that money. Heck, we could get the same player in Brendan Morrow in one year for 2 or 3 million. They're both hard hitting mid-level scorers on the downside of their careers and Morrow is 2 years younger.

Again, neither do I.

So what? What's your point? You don't want more of something you like?

Again, neither do I.

I agree with your points, it just didn't come out that way. My point (probably your's too) is that those intangibles can be had in much cheaper packages.

Edited by Clarke2Leach

I agree with your points, it just didn't come out that way. My point (probably your's too) is that those intangibles can be had in much cheaper packages.

Oh I got ya. I read your post and was like, "I like boobies, but sure wouldn't turn down a 2nd set just because I already had another set within arms reach."

$30 mil from an eastern conference team. Good lord that's insane. I sure as hell hope it's not the flyers...

Not Flyers. Islanders. Holmgren realizes there may not be a season this year. You'll be able to get anyone you want next year.

@NastyNate Like the poster said at the bottom of that story, Malkin and Letang do not have long term deals, can't see 2/3rds of the 10 mill reamining cap flexibility going to Doan...unless the have major money coming off next year. Seems like a bad investment, both Malkin and Letang are both in their primes.

• Like 1

I'm still of the thinking that Malkin signs for only $300k more than he's getting now. He and Sid seem to work things out in advance. And that leaves plenty of room for Doan and adding a couple mill to Letang's contract. *shrugs* I don't see a crunch here... if they get Doan I just hope it's not for too long of a contract. Couple years... maybe 3 tops?

• Like 1

@jammer2

I can see an entire army of Flyers fans lining up behind you LOL

I can't see Shero being that dumb to offer Doan $30 million over 4 years. But I guess we'll see if Doan does end up signing with Pittsburgh and for how much. Based on the owners first proposal to the players, there could be another lockout or strike this coming fall.

30 million for a guy that has never even played a shift for them yet sounds like the M.O. of the Flyers thats for sure.

Yet for a guy that played well for them and was productive can't get paid...ie. Leino.....

....now in no way am i saying i wanted the Flyers to pay Leino the money he got i'm just using this as an example of a guy already playing with the team, already proven chemistry yet can't get no money because they'd prefer to give another UNPROVEN guy all the money and hasn't proved anything yet with the Flyers..ie. Bryz.....

Edit:

It's finding a hot girl you're interested in and off the bat before you've even been on 1 date you ask her to marry you...before even finding out if you have anything in common or even if the sex is good (and you know that is important)...just saying you know that would never happen...at least it wouldn't for me...maybe some on here may.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I had no idea until I read this.... I had to confirm and found, much to my dismay, that you were correct. Such a shame, those suckers were awesome

Wow, I didn't catch that either. Tragic indeed, they were fantastic.

I had no idea until I read this.... I had to confirm and found, much to my dismay, that you were correct. Such a shame, those suckers were awesome

I liked her a lot better when she had a few more lbs on her. She wasn't fat, I don't know why she saw the need to slim down. She was superhot before. Now, she doesn't do a whole lot for me. I still wouldn't kick her out of bed, but she's not one of my favs anymore.