CBA Negotiations Thread

Guest AJgoal

@BettmanStandUp

Welcome to HockeyForums!

Bettman and the league expects a lockout. No pre-season games were planned to be played in Europe this year. Hopefully, for all of us a deal can be reached without too much interruption to the season, but it isn't going to come easy.

"We made a presentation directly related to the owners' proposal -- a revenue-sharing system as it would be combined with the player compensation system that they had proposed," said Fehr. "In the course of doing that, (we) indicated to them that for a couple of different reasons it didn't look to us like it was the way to go.

"In particular, the biggest reason was that it seems to us, both overall and on a club-by-club basis, all of the revenue-sharing payments -- both the new ones and the existing ones -- would be paid for by player salary reductions."

That was by design.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402741

Scummy play by the league if you ask me. I really hope the players don't give in, even if it means a lockout.

I was really hoping the Owners were not stupid enough to facilitate a lockout on consecutive contracts . Those greedy bastards think they hold all the cards. Look how long it took baseball to recover from their last lockout and they had a strong following. Hockey has a loyal following which will be irreparably damaged by a lockout. I love the sport more than football even but I will be damned if I am going to continue to pay to support these owners and their money grubbing ways. The money and time I invest in the game will be better spent elsewhere. The biggest problem is, the Owners do not care.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403068

Looks like Fehr went out of his way to make a realistic offer. If the Owners are foolish enough to lock out the players when it looks like the NHLPA is the only side "negotiating in good faith", Not only will the owners get a black eye, but they also open themselves up to labor board charges which lead to VERY steep fines.

the only side "negotiating in good faith", Not only will the owners get a black eye, but they also open themselves up to labor board charges which lead to VERY steep fines.

This is an interesting angle. Tell me more.

This is an interesting angle. Tell me more.

I am not a lawyer but I know there are Federal Laws that can be accessed through the Code of Federal Regulations that pertain to it. I keep getting side tracked for work and haven't had enough time to look it up.