News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Guest hf101

Tampa Bay Lightning Most Valuable Player

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is Most Valuable to the Lightning?

• Martin St. Louis
    • Victor Hedman
    • Stephan Stamkos
    • Vinny Lecavalier
    • Anders Lindback

The MVP Challenge continues with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-----play and earn tokens for "pickem"

Note: poll and topic end 7/28

1. Tokens are earned for the MVP Summer Challenge by voting and posting discussion in each team MVP category or playoff challenge.

2. All team MVP's will be chosen from a poll of 5 team candidates.

3. Members earn five tokens per vote and for each and every quality discussion post within every MVP topic to a maximum of 50 tokens per Challenge.

4. It is recommended to participate in discussion prior to voting, as discussions will influence votes.

5. A new Team or MVP matchup poll and discussion will begin M-Th each week until Hockey Forums 2012 MVP is chosen in October.

6. All poll topics posted within one week will close Sat evening the following week.

7. If any re-do polls are needed due to major player trades they will be repeated on Fridays. (hopefully we won't need many of these)

Consider the following questions when discussing and voting for each Team MVP and Matchup category:

1. Who is this teams most valuable player factoring in point production, leadership qualities, and overall tenacity/grit?

2. Which player is most essential to the teams success next season.

3. If you were the GM of this team and needed to rebuild with one player, whom would you choose?

4. Which player would cause their team to struggle the most if out with a season ending injury?

5. Which player and or prospect projects to be the teams most valuable player next year?

Also, since the MVP Challenge is part fantasy:

1. If you were the coach which linemates would play with your MVP to enhance his play?

2. What parts of the players game need most improvement?

3. What type of numbers do you think this player can put up this upcoming season?

4. And any other player related info, stats, videos, etc to enhance discussion.

Vinnie and Martin deserve props, but 60 goals in a year. the Brett Hull of todays game, led all skaters in the game by double digits! If you were starting a team with one player, you would do a lot worse than this guy. Stamkos is likely the best player in the game today

Vinny and Marty are on the downslope of very nice careers, Stamkos hasn't even hit his prime yet. Offensive skills, speed, killer shot. The guy is a gamechanger. Because of his tremendous skill set, he is also the type player other teams need to watch closely every shift. Gotta go with Stammer as TB MVP.

Edited by Samifan

I remember back in 08, one year before the Spits won the Memorial Cup, they still had a really good team, but one player devestated their hopes. They lost in 5 games to Stamkos and the Sting. Every game but one he had a hat trick, and 2 5 point back to back games, 10 pts in 2 playoff games?? He was a one man wrecking crew. I knew from that time frame on Stammer would be a star, and he has certainly done nothing at the NHL level to disprove that theory. Stammer gets my vote, along with a jammer nod of approval for the most dominant single series I've ever seen in my life.

I voted Stamkos, cause he's a scoring machine, but in many ways St. Louis is still the leader of this team IMO.

stamkos. serious this poll is like who was more valuable to the pens Mario or Ulf Samuelson

Stamkos is obviously the best goal scorer in the game right now, but doesn't bring anything else to the table. He has outstanding speed and a great shot. He will always benefit from guys like St. Louis or Lacavalier for setting him up to score, but the guy is just a dominating force on their team. The guy isn't the best PLAYER in the game, but I think he's the best FINISHER in the game.

I voted for Lecavalier. The team struggles to score without Stamkos, obviously, but I don't perceive him as the "heart and soul" guy on the team. I think that's still Vinny.

If it's game 5 and they lose either for the season, I think it's a tough haul either way, but I think they might have a better time adjusting to the loss of production than the loss of leadership. I completely get all the votes for Stamkos, though.

51, 45, and 60---Stamkos goal totals the last 3 years. That not only makes you the MVP of your team, IMO...it gets you in the conversation for league MVP. This team is a borderline playoff team as it is..without Stamkos, they are a potential lottery team.

MSL because of his experience, his leadership and the fact that he went to UVM.

Go Catamounts!

I think St Louis is plays a big part in the success of the Lightning, but my vote is for Stamkos he is the difference maker.

I think St Louis is plays a big part in the success of the Lightning, but my vote is for Stamkos he is the difference maker.

I won't disagree with that, even if it is wrong :-)

Oh..and what??

No Matt Carle option?

Oh..and what??

No Matt Carle option?

I knew someone would say that..... :P. You really think Carle is more valuable than Hedman?

Voted for Lindback, he will have to be spectacular in order for the Lightning to succeed... Sure, Stamkos can score 60 goals, but that obviously didn't land them a play off spot... goaltending was Tampa's Achilles ankle and if Lindback is not successful in Tampa then expect another losing season.

How can it be anyone other than Stamkos.....

Voted for Lindback, he will have to be spectacular in order for the Lightning to succeed... Sure, Stamkos can score 60 goals, but that obviously didn't land them a play off spot... goaltending was Tampa's Achilles ankle and if Lindback is not successful in Tampa then expect another losing season.

Yeah but you take away Stamkos's 60 goals and TB is not even in the hunt....agree about the goaltending though...

@habsguy26 Lindback has shown a ton of promise, but he is still unproven in my estimation. He has not even won the starting job in TB yet, so a little early to say he's better than the best goal scorer in the entire league. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though.

@jammer2 Didn't say he was better than Stamkos, but he will have to be Tampa's MVP if they are looking to make the playoffs.

Stamkos is likely the best player in the game today

The best OFFENSIVE sniper player in the game. I fixed it for you. He had four more points than Giroux while playing 7 more games. Giroux makes everyone around him better. Additionally, Giroux is far more defensively responsible and far superior on faceoffs.60g is nothing to sneeze at and the 12 gwg are not either. Yet, it is a one pony show (no insult to St Louis) in Tampa.

As for the MVP on tampa- without question. Lecavilier contract is starting to look like Gomez' contract.