Yeah, I know! Bleacher Report! Top 10 Fowards...

Briere 3rd?!?!?! Not unless he gets back on the horse he fell off of last year....the problem is it seems to have kicked him a few times on the way by......

Really...

...he struggled to find chemistry after being moved around all season and having different line mates all season(after they traded Leino and took Hartsy).

And still in the playoffs scored 8 goals and was tied with G for the NHL lead throughout the entire playoffs.

So even though he will never be a Selke winner because he has never been a defensive center...

...i thought he did well considering.

Jagr scored one friggin goal in 11 games playing with Giroux and he gets a pass it seems????????

Edited by OccamsRazor

Really...

...he struggled to find chemistry after being moved around all season and having different line mates all season(after they traded Leino and took Hartsy).

And still in the playoffs scored 8 goals and was tied with G for the NHL lead throughout the entire playoffs.

So even though he will never be a Selke winner because he has never been a defensive center...

...i thought he did well considering.

Jagr scored one friggin goal in 11 games playing with Giroux and he gets a pass it seems????????

I was referring to his contributions during the season. I realize he was injured but it took him a long time to get his shot back. If based purely on playoffs and not the season then ok he gets 3rd.......

Briere 3rd?!?!?! Not unless he gets back on the horse he fell off of last year....the problem is it seems to have kicked him a few times on the way by......

I actually think Briere is going to have the best year of his career this season. With no top quality scorer to play the right side for Giroux and two young centers in Schenn and Couts that need more time I think Briere moves to top line.

Briere playing for a full season with Giroux should easily allow Briere to have a career year. I think he is our best sniper and pairing him with Giroux would get him tons of quality scoring chances.

It would also allow Schenn to move to 2nd line center and Couts to 3rd line Center.

The move of Briere to top line would strengthen the team overall.