You just know Nash will sign Webers offer sheet

Guest Pauliking

I understand the 27 million due in one year is a lot for the Preds but they have no choice to suck it up. One of two things happen, they simply sign his offer or they will work out a trade and we are going to lose an upcoming star like Vorcheck. I still want Webber but I would hate to lose either Voracheck or Coutier. Read I'm fine with losing. I just dont see the Preds taking the very high first round picks as compinsation.

I understand the 27 million due in one year is a lot for the Preds but they have no choice to suck it up. One of two things happen, they simply sign his offer or they will work out a trade and we are going to lose an upcoming star like Vorcheck. I still want Webber but I would hate to lose either Voracheck or Coutier. Read I'm fine with losing. I just dont see the Preds taking the very high first round picks as compinsation.

Look what the freakin' cat dragged in.

I think they will do a deal. Flyers get two of their picks back in exchange for players. I would hate to lose Jake or Couts too, but I think one of them will be involved.

Edited by JackStraw

Look what the freakin' cat dragged in.

I think they will do a deal. Flyers get two of their picks back in exchange for players. I would hate to lose Jake or Couts too, but I think one of them will be involved.

Jake is a goner. Cooter ain't going anywhere.

My guess? Jake, Read, & Mez, plus picks. We keep 2 or 3 of our #1's.

Jake is a goner. Cooter ain't going anywhere.

My guess? Jake, Read, & Mez, plus picks. We keep 2 or 3 of our #1's.

I could live with that. Although as much as I love Couter, I think the Flyers depth at center (I mean "centre") might make him more expendable than Jake. Might also allow the team to keep Read, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I could live with that. Although as much as I love Couter, I think the Flyers depth at center (I mean "centre") might make him more expendable than Jake. Might also allow the team to keep Read, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I think Cooter is going to be a star. Just don't see Homer letting him go.

Guys like Read are a dine a dozen.

I think Cooter is going to be a star. Just don't see Homer letting him go.

Guys like Read are a dine a dozen.

I think he's going to be a star too. But Weber already is a star, and I think he fills a bigger need for the Flyers than Couts does. I wouldn't like it if it happened, but I could live with it.

Everyon assumes that Nashville will match because it would be suicide not to, but you have to realize it ,ay also be suicide for them if they match this deal. This is a bad contract for them. It almost handcuffs them.

I would imagine a trade is imminent.

• Like 1

I think the only way Homer lets Couts go is if it were Weber for Couts straight up, nothing else. (maybe a late round pick)

I still wouldn't do it. MUCH rather give up 4 #1 picks than lose Cooter.

I still wouldn't do it. MUCH rather give up 4 #1 picks than lose Cooter.

Me too, but playing Devils advocate, Poile may have told Paul that the only way we dont match your offer is if we trade back draft picks for roster players and I think at least one of our young guns would be the target.

Me too, but playing Devils advocate, Poile may have told Paul that the only way we dont match your offer is if we trade back draft picks for roster players and I think at least one of our young guns would be the target.

Poile really isn't in that high of a position to demand Couturier. I think Couturier and Giroux are untouchable. I would offer players back for Weber, but those players are not named Schenn or Couturier. Give them Read. Give them Meszaros. Maybe MAB. Not Schenn or Couturier.