Please leave Couts, Vorcheck and Schenn out of any deal

Guest Pauliking

Just read on Flyersphans someone posted a tweet from Hockeyy Insider. who may even be a fraud saying that Holmgren and Poile have a conference call meeting between the two management sides. Could be working out a deal. Could be BS

I saw something like that also but I think it's a fake twitter person. If I'm remembering right it was Howard Eskin re-tweeting someone else. Could be wrong though

@DaGreatGazoo

First of all, I'd like to see what Schenn can bring with a fresh start. He had a lot of pressure on him in Toronto to be THE guy, which he doesn't have to be here. He brings the most physicality of all our defencemen. His brother is here and they're close, along with Weber. Plus we traded our #2 overall pick for him.

Just read on Flyersphans someone posted a tweet from Hockeyy Insider. who may even be a fraud saying that Holmgren and Poile have a conference call meeting between the two management sides. Could be working out a deal. Could be BS

thing is.. i read that they were NOT allowed to work out a deal during the deciding week. it seems they will either have to match or not match and then they can work out a deal if they don't match.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Weber isn't as good as Coburn moving the puck up the ice.

To be honest, with Timo getting ready to retire or having his minutes seriously cut back, I'm not sure trading any 1-7 dman is the answer right now.

Weber - Mez

Coburn - Timo

Grossman - Schenn

MAB

That would leave Manning & Gus in the AHL.

I think those pairing don't spread the "phiscality" of the defense appropriately. I would go:

Weber -Coburn

Mez - Grossman

Timo - Schenn

MAB

That can be coached.

Eh, I just don't think he's that good. I think Philly fans are so desperate for this organization to home-grow a good defenseman and a good goalie that they too willingly confuse Bobrovsky and MAB as qualifying for that criteria.

@emcane Good point.

I liked the Pronger/Carle & Coburn/Timo pairings when it was possible.

Therefore I always put Coburn/Timo together.

If I were to rank them #1-7 it would be:

Weber, Coburn, Timo, Mez, Schenn, GrossmanN, MAB

Weber - Schenn

Coburn - Timo

Mez - GrossmanN

?

thing is.. i read that they were NOT allowed to work out a deal during the deciding week. it seems they will either have to match or not match and then they can work out a deal if they don't match.

Do you have a link for this? I seriously doubt that it's true.

Eh, I just don't think he's that good. I think Philly fans are so desperate for this organization to home-grow a good defenseman and a good goalie that they too willingly confuse Bobrovsky and MAB as qualifying for that criteria.

Very good point about fan fantasy. I don't think MAB is that great, but I like the raw talent he shows. Nice hitting, nice shooting, and skates well enough. We will see about the brains and coachability.

MAB = the real deal. Not all star real deal, but he will be an excellent d-man in this league. It's gonna be fun to watch him develop. Having Weber to learn off will do MAB wonders, they both play close to the same type of game.

Sorry I'm not as smart as you when it comes to spelling peoples names. I will make sure to look their proper names up next time I post just for you. Ok?

Eklund say yes Eklund HAHA!! If a trade maybe Timmo or Hartnell thrown in to settle Preds fans down. Even though both have to agree. I send Luke Scheen and not all first split it uo with 2nd 3rds. Also what's plan B and C?

MAB = the real deal. Not all star real deal, but he will be an excellent d-man in this league. It's gonna be fun to watch him develop. Having Weber to learn off will do MAB wonders, they both play close to the same type of game.

I like MAB and I hope we don't lose him. He's got potential and his hockey IQ is high for someone so young. He made his share of mistakes, especially as the year went on and the minutes started taking their toll. But he is a solid player already imho. He reads the play well and doesn't get burned for lack of foot speed. He seems to enjoy playing his position. Lavy encourages D-men to join the offense and I see MAB stepping up in that role as well as anyone. As he gains more confidence he'll be a force out there for us.

I've never felt more upbeat and positive about the Flyers young players. We've got a boatload of young talent and we should not be parting with it just to make Dave Poile's job easier. We can have Weber for picks or at the very least we can keep him out of NY and Pitts. Let the offer sheet play out...