Time to Vote..Does NSH Match ?

Guest pilldoc

Does NSH match?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does NSH match the Weber offer as presented by the Flyers

• Yes. Poile and the NSH organization have no choice.
    • No. Homer checkmates Poile and the Flyers get Weber and NSH gets 4 picks
    • No. Homer and the Flyers get Weber, However...Homer allows Poile to save face and allows NSH to trade back the picks for players TBD

and that just may be the game plan...if that is the case..I wonder how long this plan hs been in effect. I wonder if Weber was the target all along. Offers to Suter / Parise were just a smoke screen. They had to wait to see what those 2 players where going to end up before putting into motion this plan. If that is the case, Homer is one one hell of a poker / chess player.

I fully expect the Flyers to go hammer and tongs after any top player they think will help their team.

It's what they do and it's one reason we love them so much.

Hasn't always worked, but they get points for trying :)

If this was the plan all along, why trade for Schenn? You could have packaged JVR in the deal for Weber in that case. You have MAB and Gs who really seem to be NHL ready at some level, so if you were planning this all along, you traded away one asset that you obviously were willing to part with.

Good point @AJgoal. I don't don't know / don't have an answer. Maybe the oppurtunity was there just in case they failed to land Weber. Sort of safety net without fully divuldging their plans. Of course this is a pure speculation but a good topic to debate. Like @radoran said, this team has a history to go full blast in obtaining the top players. Ans as he said ..that is why we love this team and Homer (even though he drives of crazy with like the Bryz contract).

I am not too sure on the smoke screen angle personally. What if both players decided to accept the offer made by Holmgren? I think he targeted their UFA in Suter to play nice and when that didn't happen he went back to the drawing board and put together the best possible package to land Weber.

Doan to me ins't worth it. He is too old to get that kind of speculated contract. Unless there really are roster players going back to Nashville then they have to replace that aspect.

The whole help Poile save face stuff I am reading, c'mon people really? Why reward the guy for being a bad GM? He had ample time to lock up his star talent and didn't, that is why we are where we are at.

Who knows though? For example, Voracek has yet to be locked up; which, tells me that there was some sort of plan all along. Or the fact that Matt Carle walked when he too could have been locked up long term.

At the end of the day all we can conclude is that we all must wait another 2.5 days to see the master plan unfold.

***Let me clear an above statement from me***

I do not think Poile is a bad GM per se, I just think he gambled with Weber and may eventually loose. I do respect him as a cunning manager that assembled a great team with a limited budget. The NHL needs more like him in that sense.

-end rant-

Edited by Bertmega

I replied with No with the trade. Honestly though, I'm not sure who they'd trade. With it to be for the firsts that the Preds get if they don't match, it'd have to be quality players. I don't have an ideal trade scenario because I'd honestly prefer Homer just let them sit with the picks.

The question is: does Nashville SAY they are going to match and, if so, what does Homer do?

I would *prefer* to add Weber without losing anyone.

If we take for granted in the context of this discussion, that that is not possible but Nashville offers to consider a trade scenario - what goes?

I'm looking at Meltzer's idea about Voracek, Meszaros and maybe MAB or the like plus the 2013 1st and don't find myself minding it that much...

@radoran

I would think Homer is still in the drivers spot. He says ok...go ahead and commit franchise suicide. Sign part ownership papers over to Webe, because in essence that is what NSH must do in or to keep Weber in the fold. Homer gives Poile one more chance and then walks away know that Weber will NEVER be in the Eastern Conf except as a memeber as the Preds. It would suck not to land him but it was a worthy gamble by Homer.